Band 3 Education Management Administrator
Staffline Recruitment has been appointed as HSCNI's number 1 recruitment provider for Admin, Clerical and Support Services.
Band 3 Education Management Administrator required on a temporary basis based in Belfast.
Role: Band 3 Education Management Administrator
Rate of Pay: £10.09 per hour
Location: Saintfield Road, Belfast
Hours: 37.5 hours
Duration: At least 4-6 months initially (potential extension)
To provide education management support for revalidation and professional development and events
within the Northern Ireland Deanery.
MAIN ACTIVITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Support the Revalidation Team by:
a) Ensuring local processes for Revalidation of doctors in training are delivered and that the
supporting systems are regularly maintained and improved.
b) Liaising with GP and Hospital Specialty Training Teams to ensure that documentation / evidence
required for review is collected in a timely fashion.
c) Ensuring that documentation / evidence required (Revalidation Packs) is presented in a
complete form to enable the Responsible Officer to consider revalidation recommendations to
d) Issuing email notifications and advice to doctors in training who are "Under Notice" and for
those who have been recommended for Revalidation to the GMC.
e) Monitoring enquiries to the Revalidation email account from the GMC, doctors in training and
other Responsible Officers/Designated Bodies and respond to requests for revalidation data
from other organisations.
2. Support the ENGAGE training programme for GP and Hospital Specialty trainees in their final year
3. Support to the ADEPT Clinical Leadership Fellows Programme including assisting with Recruitment,
Induction programme, support meetings, maintaining a calendar of ADEPT events, ADEPT Alumni
meetings/events and communicating with prospective, current and past ADEPT Fellows and with
4. Support the organisation and delivery of all educational and engagement events to include: · Annual Educational Excellence Day for Trainees · Welcome Event for Foundation, GP, Hospital Specialty and Dentistry Trainees New to NI · Clinical Education Day · Annual Trainee Research Day (in collaboration with QUB and Ulster Medical Society)
5. Support the Senior Education Manager and Cross Departmental Education Management Team, and to undertake any other duties as directed by the Quality & Revalidation Manager. General responsibilities
6. Create and maintain effective links with staff at all levels, internal and external, locally and nationally.
7. Develop and maintain good working relationships with specific stakeholders, for example, Associate Deans, Local Education Providers (including Medical Directors, Directors of Medical Education, Clinical and Educational Supervisors and relevant postgraduate staff), Host Organisations for ADEPT Fellows, QUB (Centre for Medical Education) and Ulster Medical Society.
8. Ensure all department information is stored and destroyed in accordance with the NIMDTA's Records Management & Disposal Policy.
9. Assist NIMDTA in the promotion of equality of opportunity and good relations, in compliance with Section 75 and Schedule 9 of the Northern Ireland Act 1998.
10. Prioritise own work within a general schedule.
11. Forward plan for days, weeks and year ahead regarding upcoming events and meeting
requirements within department.
12. Identify required levels of stocks of equipment and supplies.
13. Maintain daily contact with line manager and team.
14. Regular contact with Trainees and Clinical Facilitators.
1a. 5 GCSE's (including GCSE English Language and GCSE Maths, Grades A* - C) OR equivalent qualification to demonstrate literacy and numeracy
OR Higher Qualification
OR 1b. 18 months relevant experience*
*Relevant experience is defined as working in an administrative office environment providing high quality routine administrative support.
2. One year's experience in the last 3 years of working with Microsoft Office- This must include excel and word.
3. Hold a current full driving licence which is valid for use in the UK and have access to a car on appointment.
4. Ability to use own initiative and work independently or as part of a team to ensure that performance targets and objectives are met
5. Ability to prioritise work to achieve set deadlines
6. Effective communication skills, orally, written and electronically
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Kathryn will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE Tuesday 22nd June 2021 at 9am**