Band 3 Finance Administration Officer
- Contribute to the Trusts overall Financial Governance Framework.
- Ensuring financial information is processed in accordance with policies and procedures within prescribed timescales.
- Investigate queries from range of stakeholders and provide assistance and information to both financial and non-financial people as and when required.
- Maintain and assist with various reconciliations of control accounts.
- Assist compliance with Public Sector Prompt Payment Policy.
- Provide high quality administrative support to respective service area ensuring the effective operation of systems and procedures.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective organisational skills.
- Input, process, monitor and validate information effectively in a timely manner ensuring accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to plan workload to ensure weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual financial timetables met.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to work / handle large volumes of cash / coin.
- Ability to work with staff and clients at all levels in the Trust.
- Word processing /producing reports/working on computer systems.
- Input, manipulation and retrieval of financial data into computer databases and spreadsheets, where speed and accuracy are necessary.
- Sorting and responding to mail/emails as appropriate.
- Arrange appointments/meetings as requested.
- Take minutes of meetings as required.
- Maintain Filing System.
- General office duties such as photocopying/faxing/ scanning.
- Supervising staff and allocate work as appropriate.
- Order stationery.
- To participate in the Trust's Appraisal Process and participate in agreed training and development initiatives when identified.
- Any other general tasks or projects within the remit of the band.
- 4 GCSEs Grades A-C including English & Maths or equivalent and 1 years relevant experience*
- 2 years relevant experience*
- ECDL Advanced Level or in depth experience and knowledge of Microsoft Packages including Word or equivalent
- Must be able to drive and have access to own transport.
*Relevant experience is defined as experience of working with computerised financial systems in a busy finance office.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Mel will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE 20th February 2020