BAND 3 FINANCE OFFICER
Staffline Recruitment has been appointed as HSCNI's recruitment partner of choice for Admin, clerical and Support Services.
BELSL / Band 3 Finance Officer, Bursary Administration Unit
Rate of Pay: £10.09phr
This post primarily involves the assessment and payment of student nurse bursaries, travel expenses, means-tested dependency allowances and other on-course expenses. The post holder will also deputise in the absence of the Band 4. To assist with the processing of student nurse bursary applications for QUB & UU
- Management and organisation of the daily workload of the Bursary Administration Unit (in excess of 2000 students), ensuring deadlines (including monthly closedowns) are met, and confidentiality and security of information are maintained at all times.
- The provision of a student information service, advising students, members of the public, DHSS PSNI staff and both academic and administrative staff at the Universities of bursary entitlement and all other allowances available.
- Dealing with queries both in person and by telephone, from students, DHSSPSNI, academics and other University staff, Finance Departments, Education & Library Boards, Royal College of Nursing, Social Security Offices, NI Housing Executive and the general public.
- Ensuring the confidentiality of student records and systems at all times and complying with statutory regulations.
- Calculation and processing of excess travel claims and on-course expenses and informing students of entitlement.
- Receipting of cheques in respect of overpayments and updating files as necessary.
- Distribution and subsequent validation of bi-monthly verification lists (Head Count).
- Liaising with the Universities regarding the cessation/recommencement of students' bursaries and updating personal files.
- Cancellation of incorrect bursaries and the reissue of replacement cheques/money transfers.
- Liaising with the Trusts regarding the processing and deduction of Board and Lodgings from student bursaries. Issuing payment to the Trusts on a monthly basis for the amount deducted.
- The management of complaints regarding bursaries.
- Assessment and calculation of bursaries under the agreed guidelines.
- Marketing and promoting the activity of the Student Bursary Section.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by Line Managers.
Experience and Qualifications:
5 GCSE's at Grade A-C to include English Language
OR 2 years relevant experience in an a financial administrative role