Band 3 Financial Accounts Assistant
Band 3 Financial Accounts Assistant based in NIAS, Knockbracken Healthcare Park, Belfast.
Role: Band 3 Financial Accounts Assistant
Rate of Pay: £8.90 per hour
Location: NIAS, Knockbracken Healthcare Park
Hours: 37.5 Hours
Duration: 6 Months
- Verify and validate supplier invoices against contract terms.
- Validate, collate and input staff travel and subsistence claims to payroll system.
- Liaise with each of the Business Services Organisation's Shared Service Centers for Payments; Income; and Payroll as and when necessary.
- Assist in the preparation of journals for entry into the financial systems to include accruals and prepayments.
- Investigate queries from internal and external customers in relation to invoices, travel expenses and other payments and provide assistance and advice as required.
- Analyse financial information to identify and resolve errors and discrepancies relating to suppliers payments and staff travel and subsistence claims.
- Ensure that financial information is processed in accordance with the Trust's policies and procedures in order that information provided for statutory returns is accurate.
- Ensure that financial information is prepared and processed in accordance with the Trust's financial timescales.
- Assist in the lodgement of cash and cheque income on behalf of the Trust.
- Open and sort the post and record monies received directly by the Trust.
- Issue petty cash.
- Suggest changes to internal procedures as identified and be in involved in the continuous improvement and development of processes.
- Assist the Financial Accounts Officer with other related duties as and when requested.
- Membership of the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) Intermediate Level (NVQ Level 3) or equivalent professional qualification. OR Membership of the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) Foundation Level (NVQ Level 2) or equivalent professional qualification and a minimum of 1 years' experience gained in the last 5 years in a related financial administration environment. OR 5 GCSEs at grade C or above, including English and Maths or equivalent educational qualifications and a minimum of 1 years' experience gained in the last 5 years in a related financial administration environment. And Experience of using financial systems as well as Microsoft Office
- Experience of using financial systems as well as Microsoft Office
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good communication skills
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and a member of the team will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Grafton Recruitment regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level. A person's criminal record will not in itself debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information will be treated in the strictest confidence.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE 30/11/2018.