Band 3 General Secretary
Band 3 General Secretary will be responsible for a large public sector organisation based through the Belfast Trust.
Salary: £10.40 p/h
Location: Ulster Hospital, Dundonald
Hours: FT- 37.5hpw, PT- 22.5hpw
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
The post holder will be expected to carry out a wide range of secretarial /administrative tasks including the use of word processing/audio typing, minute taking and use of other computer packages/programmes. The post holder will also be expected to deal with non-routine activities such as answering queries, progress chasing and task related problem solving using their own initiative.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Word processing/audio typing letters/producing reports.
- Sorting and responding to mail as appropriate.
- The post holder will promote and support effective team working, fostering a culture of openness and transparency. The post holder will ensure that they take all concerns raised with them seriously and act in accordance with the South-eastern Health & Social Care Trust's Raising Concerns Policy and their professional code of conduct, where applicable.
- Dealing with general enquiries.
- Maintaining diaries.
- Minute taking.
- Arranging meetings.
- Sorting and processing information.
- Preparation of statistical information.
- Dealing with requests for information.
- Making appointments.
- Ensure the Trust's policy on equality of opportunity is promoted through his/her own actions and those of any staff for whom he/she has responsibility.
- Co-operate fully with the implementation of the Trust's Health and Safety arrangements, reporting any accidents/incidents/equipment defects to his/her manager, and maintaining a clean, uncluttered, and safe environment for patients/clients, members of the public and staff.
- Dealing with telephone calls.
- 4 GCSE's Grades A-C to include English Language (or equivalent Qualification) plus 1year's Secretarial /admin /clerical experience.
- NVQ Level 2 in Administration (or equivalent qualification) plus 1 year's secretarial /admin /clerical experience.
- 2 year's secretarial /admin /clerical experience. RSA/OCR Stage II Text Processing Part I and Part II (or equivalent/ above qualification).
- 1 year's word processing experience, to include typing and formatting of reports and letters. Experience in using Microsoft packages to include WORD, EXCEL, and OUTLOOK.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to use own initiative.
- Excellent organisational skills with an ability to prioritise own workload.
- Effective communications skills to meet the needs of the post in full.
- The ability to work in a challenging and changing environment.
- The ability to ensure accuracy in own work.
- The ability to effectively use office admin systems such as diary management and filing systems.
- Knowledge of the Data Protection Act.
- Experience of using a computerised database.
- Experience in the effective use of office admin systems such as diary management and filing systems
If you are interested and available for this position, please upload your CV to the link or contact Hollie McArthur. Hollie.Mcarthur@staffline.co.uk
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless of if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.