Staffline has been appointed as HSCNI's number 1 recruitment provider for Admin and Clerical roles throughout the province.
Band 3 Higher Clerical Officer required on a temporary basis based in Magherafelt
Role: Band 3 Higher Clerical Officer
Rate of Pay: £10.09 per hour
Hours: 18.75hrs (5 mornings)
- Provide high level administrative/secretarial support to Head of Service Managers.
- The post holder will be required to provide "as and when" clerical support to other members of staff within the Department
- Maintain confidentiality in relation to all matters within the office.
- Develop and maintain office procedures including efficient filing systems and maintain records in accordance with the Trust's Record Management Policy
- Deal with all correspondence/mail and be required to analyse same and ensure it is dealt with in an effective, efficient and prompt manner, to include bringing to the Managers' attention urgent and important matters and drafting letters on their behalf.
- Be responsible for dealing with telephone calls from both internal and external departments/organisations and service users and ensure they are dealt with by relevant individuals within appropriate timescales and that any exceptions are reported.
- Communicate effectively with staff at all levels within the Trust
- Diary management including making appointments, arranging meetings as required and arranging seminars/away days as and when required.
- Put in place administrative systems to assist the Managers to ensure that all deadlines are met and follow up any outstanding matters as necessary.
- Service meetings including the preparation of agendas, preparation and distribution of papers where necessary, production of minutes and follow up actions where necessary.
- Provide administrative support to Managers when conducting Disciplinary/Grievance Meetings.
- To work as part of a wider administration team and provide administration support and provide cover as required during the absence of other administrative staff and to assist, where required in the induction and training of new staff to the office.
- Undertake any other duties as assigned by Senior Managers.
- Through his/her own actions ensure adherence to the Principles of Equality and Human Rights Legislation.
- Prepare documentation, presentations, files and papers for the Manager in advance of meetings and provision of briefings as appropriate.
- Assist the Managers to manage and monitor Information Systems as appropriate, eg, HRPTS and FPL.
- Be responsible for ordering Stock for Head of Service and the administration office.
a) 4 GCSEs to include English Language (Grade A*-C) or equivalent
1 years' clerical/secretarial experience in an office environment to include the use of the Microsoft Office suite of packages
*(b) 2 years' clerical/secretarial experience in an office environment to include the use of the Microsoft Office suite of packages
GCSE English Grade A*-C
*In addition to (a) or (b) applicants must possess:
OCR Text Processing (Business Professionals) Level 2 Award
RSA Stage II Typing/Word Processing (both parts) or equivalent.
Holders of RSA/OCR examinations after September 1986 must have passed both Parts. Part qualifications are not acceptable.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Leanne Garrett will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate.