Staffline has been appointed as HSCNI's number 1 recruitment provider for Admin and Clerical roles throughout the province.
Band 3 Higher Clerical Officer required on a temporary basis based in Ballymoney
Role: Band 3 Higher Clerical Officer
Rate of Pay: £10.09 per hour
Hours: 37.5hrs, Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm
- Provide admin support to multidisciplinary team, including organising and maintaining diary/schedule to arrange appointments.
- Provide administrative support within the department, e.g. photocopying, telephone cover, etc.
- Type reports, memos, letters, forms etc. to a high standard, as required from manuscript, audio and notes using a word processing system.
- In addition as a member of a secretarial/clerical team, the post-holder will be required to provide clerical support to other members of staff within the department.
- Prioritising and carrying out word-processing duties to a high standard.
- Open, sort and distribute all mail to the department and prepare out-going mail as required.
- Take appropriate action in relation to mail, telephone and other enquiries ensuring effective messaging and 'bring forward' systems are in place and necessary follow up action is taken.
- Liaise with outside agencies and other disciplines, dealing with enquiries as appropriate.
- Input and retrieve appropriate information from computerised system ie Child Health.
- Extract electronic and manual data from relevant information systems and produce reports as required.
- Manage email account which will include the sending and retrieval of emails.
- Maintain and update electronic records as required e.g. service user and operational filing, shared drive and file management.
- Prepare files, undertake routine filing duties and maintain efficient and up to date record system in line with Records Management Protocol.
- Telephone duties-dealing with departmental queries which will include taking and passing on clear and concise messages and obtaining and passing on information accurately.
- Act as a reference point for all internal and external enquiries relating to the department and ensure necessary communication is maintained with the other professionals.
- Maintain petty cash within the team if required.
- Maintaining adequate supplies of stock and non-stock items on procurement system (FPL).
- Maintenance of office equipment and machinery.
- Develop, maintain and update spreadsheets and databases using the Microsoft Office suite.
- Participate in training appropriate to the duties of the post.
- Maintaining staff relationships and morale.
- Participating as required in assessment and training of staff.
- Continually review office procedures and practices and implement necessary improvements.
- Provide administrative cover as required during the absence of other staff or during periods of excess workload.
- Maintain confidentiality within and without the workplace at all times.
- Through his/her own actions ensure adherence to the Principles of Equality and Human Rights legislation.
- Use Trust and Departmental technology in line with the Trust's Information Management and Technology Strategy.
- Undertake any other duties as assigned by Manager/Senior Manager to ensure the needs of the department are met.
4 GCSEs (Grades A-C) to include English or equivalent
*1 year's paid clerical experience in an office environment to include the use of the Microsoft Office suite of packages
English GCSE (Grade A-C) or equivalent
*2 years' paid clerical experience in an office environment to include the use of the Microsoft Office suite of packages
*In addition to (a) or (b) applicants must possess Functional Skills ICT Level 2 or OCR Testing Processing (Business Professionals) Level 2 Award or RSA Stage II Typing/ Word Processing (both parts) or equivalent. Holder of RSA/ OCR examinations after September 1986 must have passed both parts. Part qualifications are not acceptable.
1 years' experience in the use of ICT. This should include:
- Using the Microsoft Office suite of packages
- Collation & presentation of data using MS Excel
- Data input
- Data extract
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Leanne Garrett will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate.