Staffline has been appointed as HSCNI's number 1 recruitment provider for Admin and Clerical roles throughout the province.
Band 3 Higher Clerical Officer required on a temporary basis based in Antrim
Role: Band 3 Higher Clerical Officer
Rate of Pay: £10.40 per hour
Hours: 30 hrs
To provide administrative and clerical support to a busy and professional team.
KEY RESULT AREAS / MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide a high standard of clerical support and secretarial services to senior members of staff in the Catering/Domestic Services Team.
- In addition as a member of a clerical team, to provide clerical support to other members of staff within the department.
- Typing letters, reports, forms and memos using a word processing system when required.
- Provide administrative support at meetings including minute taking and issuing relevant documentation.
- Organise and maintain relevant dairy/schedule and arrange appointments and meetings.
- Liaise with outside agencies and other disciplines, dealing with queries as appropriate.
- Collation of information in order to populate spread sheets for weekly/monthly and quarterly returns.
- Maintaining manual/computerised records, data bases and spread sheets.
- Maintaining an up to date filing system.
- Assisting in the training of other administrative staff within the department and appropriate to the post.
- Providing cover as required for other clerical staff.
- Inputting and retrieving from computerised systems on a regular basis.
- Dealing with telephone queries, recording and delivering clear and concise messages and obtaining and passing on information.
- Process and distribute all incoming mail and prepare outgoing mail as required.
- Participate in training appropriate to the duties.
- Filing, photocopying, faxing, dealing with incoming and outgoing mail.
- Telephone duties.
- Maintain and order adequate supplies of stationary items.
- Collecting and collating statistical information as required.
- Under take any other duties as assigned by the senior Managers to ensure the needs of the department are met.
- Maintain confidentiality within and without the workplace at all times.
- Use trust wide and departmental technology in line with the Trust's Information Management and Technology Strategy.
- Through his/her own actions ensure adherence to the Principles of Equality and Human Rights Legislation.
*(a) 4 GCSEs to include English (Grade A*-C) or equivalent AND 1 years' clerical/secretarial experience in an office environment to include the use of the Microsoft Office suite of packages
*(b) GCSE English Grade A*-C AND
2 years' clerical/secretarial experience in an office environment to include the use of the Microsoft Office suite of packages AND
*In addition to (a) or (b) applicants must possess OCR Text Processing (Business Professionals) Level 2 Award or RSA Stage II Typing/Word Processing (both parts) or equivalent.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Christine Thompson will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate.