Staffline has been appointed as HSCNI's number 1 recruitment provider for Admin and Clerical roles throughout the province.
Band 3 Higher Clerical Officer required on a temporary basis based in Whiteabbey
Role: Band 3 Higher Clerical Officer
Rate of Pay: £10.40per hour
- Input and extract information from ANT PAS, NIMATS, patient centre, Ambulance Booking System, Interpreter Booking System, Symphony and MIDAS ensuring information on these systems are accurate and kept up to date in line with the Trust Information Management and Technology strategy.
- To communicate effectively and provide a high standard of customer services on behalf of the Trust.
- Create new patient casenotes, retrieve existing patient casenotes for elective admissions, out-patient clinics etc either by filing new correspondence and/or checking appropriate correspondence/handwritten notes are currently held within the casenotes and providing up-to-date clinic lists of out-patients booked to attend.
- Maintain patient casenotes ensuring all items are securely fastened. Maintain an adequate supply of up to date patient labels, mount sheets and clinical paper in the chart for out-patient/elective admissions.
- Action emails from various Departments which include cancellations and add ons from the booking teams. This will include checking and locating of charts/referrals at short notice.
- Requesting taxis to transport notes for urgent short notice requests as required to support patient care.
- Undertake filing duties and maintain an efficient, up-to-date record keeping system. Ensuring accurate filing of casenotes and tracking of records is undertaken in a timely and assured manner on Patient Centre. Sorting and tracking records to other Hospital medical records department as requested working within manual handling procedures/protocols for the Department.
- To deal with telephone calls and process messages and queries effectively. Required to manage and deal with competing demands as work pattern can become unpredictable due to interruptions from e-mails, telephone calls and direct patient contact. Ensuring all requests for casenotes by telephoning or email are completed as required.
- Deal with a range of mail for the department which includes test results/x-ray reports/referral letters etc. forwarding to the appropriate secretary or filing them in relevant referral folder or patient's notes for out-patient clinics etc, where applicable.
- To maintain a high level of confidentiality of information in line with current legislation and policies within the Department by dealing effectively with patient related enquiries by telephone, written, face to face, ensuring patients confidentiality at all times. Checking all original/copy records before they are dispatched ensure confidentiality and accuracy
- 4 GCSE's A-C to include English Language or equivalent plus one year's clerical experience which includes the use of Microsoft Office and dealing with patient/client queries
- 2 year's clerical experience which includes use of Microsoft Office and dealing with patient/client queries
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Christine Thompson will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate.