Staffline has been appointed as HSCNI's number 1 recruitment provider for Admin and Clerical roles throughout the province.
Band 3 Higher Clerical Officer required on a temporary basis based in Cookstown
Role: Band 3 Higher Clerical Officer
Rate of Pay: £10.40ph
Hours: 37.5hrs per week
Duration: Temporary until Oct 2023
The post holder will be responsible for a range of duties including, booking systems, such as partial booking, day to day coordination of outpatient waiting list and clinics, ensuring an adherence to agreed protocol in relation to appointment booking and call handling
KEY RESULT AREAS / MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for ensuring that all new referrals received are registered appropriately and accurately
- Monitor waiting list to ensure patients do not breach the agreed waiting time
- Ensure that the partial booking procedure is adhered to in a consistent
- To ensure that when adding patients to the waiting list that all referral details are correct as this reflects the outpatient waiting times
- To make appointments appropriately, ensuring patients with the same clinical priority are seen in chronological order, to issue appointment letters
- Ensuring that clinic capacity is utilised, taking action in partnership with the admin manager
- To liaise with professionals/GP's/other specialists when making appointments
- To ensure that telephone calls are handled in a courteous/pleasant manner, ensuring appointments are appropriately offered in line with IEAP (Integrated Elective Access Protocol).
- Ensure review appointments are made as per clinical specification
- Ensure that clinics are attended on system in a timely manner
- Booking of interpreters when required
- Booking of appointments in conjunction with consultant appointments
- Provide clinic lists in advance and ensure client files are prepared prior to their clinic appointment
- Make and receive telephone calls and take appropriate action
- Ensure all mail is distributed and re-directed as appropriate
- Maintain records both manual and computerised in an accurate and timely way in accordance with local policy and procedure
- Maintain adequate supplies of stock and stationary as required.
- Typing of reports, letters of which will contain medical/clinical terminology etc ensuring confidentiality is maintained at all times
- Maintain standards of confidentiality regarding all information held in respect of service users and professional staff
- Ensure that standards are maintained at all times in accordance with Freedom of Information and Data Protection Act
- Ensure all office duties carried out in accordance with local policies and procedures, i.e. filing, photocopying, scanning and data entry
- Competent in the use of Microsoft office Products and other software packages/operating systems
- To meet as part of an administrative team regularly
- To participate in the training and or mentor of new staff on work procedures during induction and on-going work until they are fully competent
- Deal with day to day queries as appropriate
- Provide cover for staff during periods of sick leave/annual leave and be flexible in meeting the needs of the service
- Such other duties as appropriate
- 4 GCSEs to include English (Grade A*- C) or equivalent AND 1 years' clerical/secretarial experience in an office environment.
- GCSE English (Grade A*- C) or equivalent AND 2 years' clerical/secretarial experience in an office environment.
In addition to (a) or (b) applicants must possess a qualification in an IT/Keyboarding/Word Processing related subject AND have one years' working experience of using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook in an office environment
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Christine Thompson will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate.