Band 3 Higher Clerical Officer
Band 3 Higher Clerical Officer is required on a temporary basis based at Knockbreda Wellbeing & Treatment Centre
Role: Band 3 Higher Clerical officer
Rate of Pay: £8.90
Location: Knockbreda Wellbeing & Treatment Centre
Duration: At least 9 months
- Responsible for ensuring that all new referrals received are registered appropriately and accurately.
- Monitor waiting list to ensure patients do not breech the agreed waiting time.
- Ensure that the partial booking procedure is adhered to in a consistent manner.
- To ensure that when adding patients to the dietetic waiting list that all referral details are correct as this reflects the Outpatient waiting times.
- To make appointments appropriately, ensuring patients with the same clinical priority are seen in chronological order, to issue appointment letters.
- Ensuring that clinic capacity is utilised, taking action in partnership with the admin manager.
- To liaise with dietitians / GPs / other specialists when making appointments.
- To ensure that telephone calls are handled in a courteous / pleasant manner, ensuring appointments are appropriately offered in line with IEAP. (Integrated Elective Access Protocol)
- Ensure review appointments are made as per clinical specification.
- Ensure that clinics are attended on system in a timely manner.
- Booking of interpreters when required.
- Booking of dietetic appointments in conjunction with consultant appointments.
- Provide clinic lists in advance and ensure client files are prepared prior to their clinic appointment.
- Liaise with clients, staff, and departments internal and external to the Trust to ensure full and efficient service.
- Develop, maintain and monitor IT systems to record and produce work of a consistently high standard as required.
- Records management, maintain records both manual and computerised in an accurate and timely way and in accordance with local policy and procedure.
- Typing of reports, letters of which will contain medical / clinical terminology etc. ensuring confidentiality is maintained at all times.
- Ensure all mail is distributed and re-directed as appropriate.
- Make and receive telephone calls and take appropriate action.
- Ensure all office duties carried out in accordance with local policies and procedures, ie. Filing, Faxing, Photocopying and Data Entry.
- Assist in the production/collation of statistics as required ie. accountability review.
- Maintain adequate supplies of stock / stationary as required.
- Participate in cash handling duties as and when required.
- Maintain standards of confidentiality regarding all information held in respect of service users and professional staff.
- Ensure that standards are maintained at all times in accordance with Freedom of Information and Data Protection Act.
- Participate in quality assurance exercises.
- To participate in the training and or mentor new staff on work procedures during induction and ongoing work until they are fully competent.
- To meet as an administrative team regularly.
- Deal with day-to-day queries as appropriate.
- Provide cover for staff during periods of sick / annual leave and be flexible in meeting the needs of the service.
- Such other duties as appropriate.
- Participate in staff induction, training and other learning as required
- Contribute to effective team working
- Act as a mentor as required
- Maintain staff relationships and morale amongst staff
- Delegate appropriately to staff, as required
1.a. 4 GCSE's at grade C or above to include English Language or equivalent qualification and one year's administrative/clerical experience
b. NVQ Level II in Administration and one year's administrative/clerical experience
C. A minimum of two year's administrative/clerical experience.
2. Good communication skills
3. Ability to work as part of a team
4. The Flexibility to work in a changing environment.
5.Knowledge of waiting lists and PAS
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Muriosa or a member of the team will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Grafton Recruitment regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level. A person's criminal record will not in itself debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information will be treated in the strictest confidence.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE 19/12/2019.