Band 3 Higher Clerical Officer
Band 3 Higher Clerical Officer will be responsible for a large public sector organisation based through the Belfast Trust.
Salary: Band 3, £10.40 p/h
Location: Mater Hospital
Hours: Fulltime/ Parttime
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
The post holder will provide an efficient secretarial and administration support for the Administration Team in Trust Health Centres. The post holder will need to have access to a car with a clean license due to the need for travel between locations.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Always provide a comprehensive daily administrative service.
- Ensure files, documents and paperwork are prepared in a timely and efficient manner.
- Undertake training when required.
- Arrange clinics and send out appointments, update records and maintain filing system.
- Maintain Trust databases daily.
- Typing of correspondence, minutes, letters, memos, and confidential reports.
- Deal with internal and external mail in a timely and efficient manner.
- Collect and collate statistical information as and when required.
- Use of fax machine, photocopiers, and shredders.
- Liaise with G.P practices and other Health Care Professionals.
- Make and receive telephone calls and take appropriate action.
- Liaise with other disciplines, outside agencies and departments in a helpful and professional manner to assist in the provision of the service.
- Circulate information and ensure responses are received by agreed deadlines.
- Receive telephone calls, enquiries, and co-ordinate information in an efficient, courteous and friendly manner.
- Ensure quality standards are adhered to in all aspects of this employment.
- Promote a good image of the organisation.
- Make full use if the I.T. systems available to provide work of a consistently high standard.
- Responsible for maintaining databases.
- Perform data entry as required.
- Attend mandatory training as required.
- Undertake further training if required to meet the changing needs of the organisation.
- The postholder is required to promote equality of opportunity and good relations as outlined in the Trust's Equality Scheme.
- The postholder should be aware of the Human Rights legislation in relation to the requirements of this post.
4 GCSE's grade A - C including English Language or equivalent qualifications
NVQ Level 2 in Administration and 1 year's clerical experience
2 Years clerical experience.
OCR Stage 2 Text Processing (Part 1) or Word-processing/Typing (Part 2)
OR equivalent qualifications
Have evidence of 1 year's Typing or Word-processing experience and can demonstrate a capable level of ability.
- The ability to work on own initiative.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- The ability to organise and prioritise workload
- Good attendance record.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Maturity and self-confidence to form effective team working relationships.
If you are interested and available for this position, please upload your CV to the link or contact Hollie McArthur. Hollie.Mcarthur@staffline.co.uk
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless of if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.