Band 3 Higher clerical officer with typing duties
Staffline has been appointed as HSCNI's recruitment partner of choice for Admin, Clerical and Support Services.
Band 3 Higher Clerical Officer with typing duties is required on a temporary full-time basis based in Belfast.
Role: Band 3 Higher Clerical officer with typing duties
Rate of Pay: £10.09
Hours: 37.5- Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
Duration: 9-12months (maternity cover)
The post holder will be required to carry out any administrative duties required within the Haemophilia/Haematology department. This will include word processing, audio transcription where required, general office duties and other responsibilities as outlined below.
Main Duties / Responsibilities:
· Answer Haemophilia Helpline telephone and redirect calls appropriately and deal with routine telephone enquiries from patients, staff, relatives, GP's and multidisciplinary team
· Develop and maintain good communication during telephone calls and passing all appropriate information required on to the relevant staff
· Recording patient's clinic attendances on PAS.
· Recording Ward Attenders and Day Case patients on PAS.
· Booking Transport and Interpreters for patients when required.
· Develop and maintain an efficient filing system, ensuring confidentiality and security of documents.
· Provide secretarial support including audio typing of clinic attendances using digital dictation system.
· Liaison with other departments and professionals as appropriate.
· Recording and distribution of incoming mail/post/emails and dealing with routine correspondence and outgoing mail and distribution to relevant staff.
· Prioritise and organise work effectively.
· Maintain a high standard of confidentiality at all times.
· Ordering stationery and ensuring adequate supplies are maintained
· Maintenance of office equipment
· Compliance with all relevant legislation and Trust policies relating to Data Protection and Confidentiality of Information
· Provide cover for other team members during periods of annual leave and sickness absence.
· Any other duties, appropriate to the grade which may be assigned as the role develops
4 GCSEs (Grades A-C) including English Language or equivalent or higher educational standard AND 1 year administrative / clerical experience
OR 3 years administrative / clerical experience *Experience should be in an office environment
In addition to one of the above:
Experience in the use of Microsoft office packages including Excel and Word
AND OCR Stage 2 Text Processing (Part1) and Stage 2 Word Processing / Typing (Part 2) or equivalent qualifications
-Knowledge of Office Practice
-Handling telephone calls from patients, public and health care professionals
-Understanding of the role admin support in supporting the Department
-Knowledge of computer skills and systems used within the hospital (where possible)
-Knowledge of computer packages used within the office
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Kathryn or a member of the team will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline, regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level. A person's criminal record will not in itself debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information will be treated in the strictest confidence.
**PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE 22/03/2021**