Band 3 Higher Clerical with Typing Duties
Staffline Recruitment has been appointed as HSCNI's recruitment partner of choice for Admin, clerical and Support Services.
BELSL / Band 3 Higher Clerical with Typing Duties
Rate of Pay: £10.09phr
Location: Belfast City Hospital
Hours: 37.5hrs per week
Duration: 6 months
The post holder will be required to carry out any administrative duties required within the Haemophilia/Haematology department. This will include word processing, audio transcription where required, general office duties and other responsibilities as outlined below.
- Answer Haemophilia Helpline telephone and redirect calls appropriately and deal with routine telephone enquiries from patients, staff, relatives, GP's and multidisciplinary team
- Develop and maintain good communication during telephone calls and passing all appropriate information required on to the relevant staff
- Recording patient's clinic attendances on PAS.
- Recording Ward Attenders and Day Case patients on PAS.
- Booking Transport and Interpreters for patients when required.
- Develop and maintain an efficient filing system, ensuring confidentiality and security of documents.
- Provide secretarial support including audio typing of clinic attendances using digital dictation system.
- Liaison with other departments and professionals as appropriate.
- Recording and distribution of incoming mail/post/emails and dealing with routine correspondence and outgoing mail and distribution to relevant staff.
- Prioritise and organise work effectively.
- Maintain a high standard of confidentiality at all times.
- Ordering stationery and ensuring adequate supplies are maintained
- Maintenance of office equipment
- Compliance with all relevant legislation and Trust policies relating to Data Protection and Confidentiality of Information
- Provide cover for other team members during periods of annual leave and sickness absence.
- Any other duties, appropriate to the grade which may be assigned as the role develops
Experience / Qualifications:
4 GCSEs (Grades A-C) including English Language or equivalent or higher educational standard AND 1 year administrative / clerical experience
3 years administrative / clerical experience *Experience should be in an office environment
In addition to one of the above:
Experience in the use of Microsoft office packages including Excel and Word AND
OCR Stage 2 Text Processing (Part1) and Stage 2 Word Processing / Typing (Part 2) or equivalent qualifications
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of Office Practice
Handling telephone calls from patients, public and health care professionals
Understanding of the role admin support in supporting the Department
Knowledge of computer skills and systems used within the hospital
Knowledge of computer packages used within the office
Understanding of confidentiality
Good communication skills
Ability to work to deadlines and under pressure
Ability to be proactive and prioritise workload
Ability to work as part of a team
RSA Stage II Audio typing or one year's Audio typing experience
Knowledge of Hospital systems such as PAS, Patient Centre, Bighand
Full Job Description and information available on request. Please submit CV to link