Band 3 Human Resources Assistant
Band 3 Human Resources Assistant
Band 3 Human Resources Assistant will be responsible for a large public sector organisation based through the Belfast Trust.
Salary: £10.40 p/h
Location: Beechill House, NIMDTA
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
The post-holder will be expected to participate as a team member within the Trainee Employment Team in the provision of an excellent Human Resources (HR) service for Doctors and Dentists in Training (DDiT). The post-holder will be based in the Trainee Employment Team and will carry out the administrative duties of the post in relation to pay and conditions, employee relations, attendance management and workforce information, whilst adhering to best practice principles. This will include processing actions within the appropriate timescales. The team is responsible for the provision of professional advice to DDiTs in relation to these areas.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To act as the first point of contact, in respect of telephone, email and any faceto-face enquiries to the Trainee Employment Team and provide advice, where appropriate.
- To assist in the provision of high-quality administrative support within the Trainee Employment Team, ensuring a continual high standard of service is provided to DDiTs and other Stakeholders within Host Organisations.
- To assist in the processing of New Starts, Promotees, Leavers, Parental Leave, Contract Changes etc, within the Trainee Employment Team are implemented in an accurate and timely manner to meet payroll deadlines.
- To assist the HR Officers with the administration of the attendance management function.
- To assist the HR Officers with the administration of the employee relations function.
- To maintain the DDIT OM Structure (Org Units and Positions), Roles and Employee Self Service (ESS). To action HRPTS User Accounts and Password Resets promptly.
- Effectively prepare reports, documents, and proposals for senior staff within the Trainee Employment Team, as well as supplying advice and assistance as required.
- Continually seek to improve the service delivered within the Trainee Employment Team by committing to attend personal development training, demonstrating a team work ethic, and embracing change.
- To raise requisitions using the E procurement system and order stock as necessary.
- Attend and take notes at meetings as required of the role.
- Any other duties as required within the remit of the role.
- Ensure NIMDTA's policy on equality of opportunity is promoted through his/her own actions and those of any staff for whom he/she has responsibility.
- Co-operate fully with the implementation of NIMDTA's Health and Safety arrangements, reporting any accidents/incidents/equipment defects to his/her manager, and maintaining a clean, uncluttered, and safe environment for patients/clients, members of the public and staff.
- Contribute to ensuring the highest standards of environmental cleanliness within your designated area of work.
- Co-operate fully about NIMDTA's policies and procedures relating to infection prevention and control.
- All employees of NIMDTA are legally responsible for all records held, created, or used as part of their business within NIMDTA, including patients/clients, corporate and administrative records whether paper-based or electronic and also including emails. All such records are public records and are accessible to the public, with limited exceptions, under the Freedom of Information act 2000 the Environmental Information Regulations 2004, the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018. Employees are required to be conversant with the BSO policy and procedures on records management and to seek advice if in doubt.
- Take responsibility for his/her own ongoing learning and development, to maximise his/her potential and continue to meet the demands of the post.
- Represent NIMDTA's commitment to providing the highest possible standard of service to patients/clients and members of the public, by treating all those with whom he/she comes into contact in the course of work, in a pleasant, courteous and respectful manner.
5 GCSE's (including GCSE English Language and GCSE Maths (Grades A* - C)
OR equivalent qualification to demonstrate literacy and numeracy
OR Higher Qualification.
OR 18 Months relevant experience.
One year's experience working with Microsoft Office or similar.
If you are interested and available for this position, please upload your CV to the link or contact Hollie McArthur. Hollie.Mcarthur@staffline.co.uk
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.