Band 3 Medical Typist
Staffline has been appointed as HSCNI's number 1 recruitment provider for Admin and Clerical roles throughout the province.
Band 3 Medical Typist required on a temporary basis based in Antrim
Role: Band 3 Medical Typist
Rate of Pay: £10.40ph
Hours: 37.5hrs per week (may consider part time hours)
Duration: Temporary until end of March initially
- Provide secretarial services to a senior member of staff / professional team, nurse specialists including organizing and maintaining diary/schedule to arrange appointments and meetings.
- Type reports, memos, letters, forms etc to a high standard, as required from manuscript, audio and notes.
- In addition as a member of a secretarial/clerical team, the post-holder will be required to provide clerical support to other members of staff within the team/department.
- Prioritising and carrying out word-processing duties to a high standard.
- Arrange and provide administrative support.
- Open, sort and distribute all mail to the department.
- Take appropriate action in relation to mail, telephone and other enquiries ensuring effective messaging and 'bring forward' systems are in place and necessary follow up action is taken.
- Liaise with outside agencies and other disciplines, dealing with enquiries as appropriate.
- Input and retrieve appropriate information from computerised systems.
- Ensure the accurate and timely input and retrieval of large volumes of data/information on computerised systems eg NIMATS. NIECR/PAS/Patient centre/LSID/NIBTS. Local labs and Regional Labs
- Creating and maintaining patient information leaflets in support of specific departmental screening programme.
- Manage email accounts which will include the sending and retrieval of emails.
- Maintain and update manual records as required.
- Routine filing and maintaining an efficient filing system.
- Telephone duties-dealing with departmental queries which will include taking and passing on clear and concise messages and obtaining and passing on information.
- Provide cover as required for other clerical staff within the directorate during periods of absence or excess workload.
- Collecting and collating statistical information as required in line with targets and PfAs.
- Develop, maintain and update spreadsheets and databases using the Microsoft Office suite.
- Participate in training appropriate to the duties of the post.
- Maintaining staff relationships and morale.
- In agreement with Locality/Departmental Managers, receive and send e-mails on behalf of the Locality/Departmental Manager.
- Participating as required in assessment and training of staff.
- Request patient notes for upcoming clinics/make up new patient charts for new patient appointments- arrange review /new patient clinic appointments.
- Book interpreters when required
- Be a point of contact between patients and clinical staff
- Maintain confidentiality within and without the workplace at all times.
- Through his/her own actions ensure adherence to the Principles of Equality and Human Rights legislation.
- Use Trust and Departmental technology in line with the \trust's Information Management and Technology Strategy
*(a) 4 GCSEs to include English (Grade A*-C) or equivalent AND 1 years' clerical/secretarial experience in an office environment to include the use of the Microsoft Office suite of packages
*(b) GCSE English Grade A*-C AND
2 years' clerical/secretarial experience in an office environment to include the use of the Microsoft Office suite of packages AND
*In addition to (a) or (b) applicants must possess OCR Text Processing (Business Professionals) Level 2 Award or RSA Stage II Typing/Word Processing (both parts) or equivalent.
OR One years' experience in the use of ICT. This should include the use of word processing, spreadsheets and email.
*Certain posts may require one years' experience minute taking
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Christine Thompson will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate.