Band 3 Nuerology Support Assistant
Staffline has been appointed as HSCNI's number 1 recruitment provider for Admin and Clerical roles throughout the province.
Band 3 Neurology Support Assistant required on a temporary basis based in Ballymena
Role: Band 3 Neurology Support Assistant
Rate of Pay: £10.40 per hour
- Ensure confidentiality regarding information about patients and nursing department in general
- Reports to Multiple Sclerosis Specialist Nurse any changes in the patients' general condition and changes in care arrangements as appropriate
- Be aware of, and contribute to, efficient, effective use of supplies, equipment and resources
- Maintains and controls stock of stationery and other materials and ensures proper and safe storage of it
- Works in co-operation with other team members
- Reports all incidents, accidents and complaints and participates in the investigation of these where necessary
- Works flexibly in the Multiple Sclerosis Team locations trust wide if required.
- Ensures good communication by phone, message taking, and liaison with other disciplines.
- Maintains accurate records in patient's notes.
- Promptly submits statistical returns as requested.
- Maintains an up-to-date diary.
- Arranges meetings in relation to Multiple Sclerosis team.
- Uses departmental and trust information management technology. Filing, photocopying, dealing with incoming and outgoing mail, etc.
- Typing memos, forms, letters and reports, etc. as required from manuscript and notes using a word processor.
- Works flexibly in the Multiple Sclerosis Team locations Trust wide if required.
- Undertakes other appropriate duties as dictated by the needs of the service.
*(a) 4 GCSEs to include English (Grade A*-C) or equivalent AND 1 years' clerical/ secretarial experience in an office environment to include the use of the Microsoft Office suite if packages.
*(b) GCSE English (Grade A*-C) AND 2 years' clerical/ secretarial experience in an office environment to include the use of the Microsoft Office suite if packages.
*In addition to (a) or (b) applicants must possess OCR Text Processing (Business Professionals) Level 2 Award or RSA Stage II Typing/Word Processing (both parts) or equivalent.
One years' experience in the use of ICT. This should include the use of word processing, spreadsheets and email.
*Certain posts may require one years' experience minute taking.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Leanne Garrett will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate.