Band 3 Patient Administration Manager Officer is required on a temporary basis based in Coleraine
Role: Band 3 Patient Administration Manager
Rate of Pay: £10.40 per hour
- Undertake a full range of reception duties at out-patients department. Dealing courteously with patients, relatives and multi-disciplinary team. Assisting patients with self check-in process as required.
- To receive telephone calls at out-patients reception which may occasionally be sensitive and will require staff to have effective communication skills. On occasions, face to face contact in out-patients may be of a distressing or emotional nature.
- Updating patient's demographic records on their arrival at out-patients department as required. 4. Arranges and issues out-patient appointment letters to patients for appointments six weeks or less, using Antrim PAS, Royal Victoria Hospital PAS, South Eastern Trust PAS, NIMATS as appropriate, liaising with Consultants, Partial Booking and secretaries as necessary.
- To be responsible for making and posting appointments for ante-natal patients for 20 week scans, also for midwife booking and Consultant Obstetric clinics as required.
- Sorting results/correspondence for filing into ante-natal patient's casenotes when they arrive at clinics.
- Clarity self-check-in system requires receptionists to update daily the clinic changes for the following week to ensure patients are able to check in. This involves using Assure to record revisions to clinics taking place, as required.
- Adding patients to correct Consultant review waiting list for waiting times greater than six weeks including adding any additional requirements eg ambulance or interpreters if indicated.
- Work in accordance with the Trust's Policies and Procedures eg IEAP, POPI, use of email etc.
- Print on a daily basis computerised lists from relevant PAS systems eg clinic booking summaries, clinic appointment schedules for the multi-disciplinary staff.
- Ensuring all clinic outcomes and self-directed aftercare discharge codes are recorded on a timely basis on PAS including off site clinics eg domiciliary clinics, Child Development clinics etc.
- Communicate with clinic preparation team regarding walk-ins to clinics. Locating referral letters and patient charts as required.
- To discharge patients as directed who DNA etc at Consultants out-patient clinics, sending letters to GP and patient.
- To book Ambulances and interpreters via the Ambulance and Interpreters booking systems when making review appointments for those patients with less than six weeks' notice.
- To complete Private Patient Form 1 with patient details and consultation date, and pass to Consultant for Private Patients being seen in the Out-Patient Department.
- To retain Consultant time order lists and additions to out-patient review waiting lists in line with Good Records Management.
- To communicate effectively and provide a high standard of customer service on behalf of the Trust.
- To maintain a high level of confidentiality of information in line with current legislation and policies within the department.
4GCSE's A-C to include English Language or equivalent plus one year's clerical experience which includes the use of Microsoft Office and dealing with patient/client queries
2 year's clerical experience which includes the use of Microsoft Office and dealing with patient/client queries
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Jamie Leetch will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate.