Band 3 Personal Secretary
Band 3 Personal Secretary required on a temporary Full-time basis based HSCB 12-22 Linenhall St Belfast
Role: Band 3 Personal Secretary
Rate of Pay: £8.90 per hour
Location: HSCB 12-22 Linenhall St
- The efficient organisation and management of Officers' diaries and E-mail. This will include the use of computerised diary software.
- To deal with the receipt and distribution of correspondence, reports, faxes, e-mail; dealing with sensitive correspondence.
- To maintain an efficient filing manual and Electronic filing system.
- Word processing and typing as required, including correspondence, the compilation of agendas, papers and reports. This may include audio word-processing. Use of available graphics packages to produce presentations.
- Receive and deal with telephone communications as appropriate.
- The post holder will provide Powerpoint presentations and be expected to create Excel Spreadsheets when requested.
- Provide administrative support for projects as requested.
- Input and retrieval of data from manual and electronic systems and presenting in a format requested to assist in the analysis of data .
- Assistance in the provision of statistical information as required.
- 0rganise meetings, conferences and workshops including preparation of papers, arranging venues, notifying attendees, attend meeting and take minutes. Follow-up action where necessary.
- Make appropriate travel and organisational arrangements as required.
- The post holder will be expected to travel to other Offices in both HSCB and DOH to carry out administrative duties as and when requested by Line Manager.
- Maintaining a high level of confidentiality of information in line with current legislation.
- Working as a member of the administrative/secretarial team providing cover for colleagues as required.
- To support the HSCB in meeting its obligations under Risk Management by adhering to the controls assurance standards identified in the Risk Register.
1a) GCSE Maths and GCSE English (Grades A-C) OR equivalent qualification to demonstrate literacy and numeracy OR higher qualification
Two A Levels or equivalent or higher qualification
One year's experience in an office environment
1b) 18 months' experience in an office environment
2)RSA Stage II (both parts) typing or word processing or equivalent or 1 years' word processing experience.
3)Working experience in the use of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Powerpoint.
4)Effective communications and organisational skills which will meet the needs of the post in full.
5)An ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
6)Ability to manage workload effectively and meet strict deadlines.
7)Ability to travel to other Offices other than base including HSCB Offices and DOH.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria and be available to work in Belfast.
If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Muriosa will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Grafton Recruitment regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level. A person's criminal record will not in itself debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information will be treated in the strictest confidence
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE 05/01/2020
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.