Band 3 Personal Secretary
Staffline has been appointed as HSCNI's number 1 recruitment provider for Admin and Clerical roles throughout the province.
Band 3 Personnel Secretary required on a temporary basis based in Coleraine
Role: Band 3 Personal Secretary
Rate of Pay: £10.09 per hour
- Provide high level administrative/secretarial support to Head of Service Managers.
- The post holder will be required to provide "as and when" clerical support to other members of staff within the Department
- Maintain confidentiality in relation to all matters within the office.
- Develop and maintain office procedures including efficient filing systems and maintain records in accordance with the Trust's Record Management Policy
- Deal with all correspondence/mail and be required to analyse same and ensure it is dealt with in an effective, efficient and prompt manner, to include bringing to the Managers' attention urgent and important matters and drafting letters on their behalf.
- Be responsible for dealing with telephone calls from both internal and external departments/organisations and service users and ensure they are dealt with by relevant individuals within appropriate timescales and that any exceptions are reported.
- Communicate effectively with staff at all levels within the Trust
- Diary management including making appointments, arranging meetings as required and arranging seminars/away days as and when required.
- Put in place administrative systems to assist the Managers to ensure that all deadlines are met and follow up any outstanding matters as necessary.
- Service meetings including the preparation of agendas, preparation and distribution of papers where necessary, production of minutes and follow up actions where necessary.
- Provide administrative support to Managers when conducting Disciplinary/Grievance Meetings.
- To work as part of a wider administration team and provide administration support and provide cover as required during the absence of other administrative staff and to assist, where required in the induction and training of new staff to the office.
- Prepare documentation, presentations, files and papers for the Manager in advance of meetings and provision of briefings as appropriate.
- Assist the Managers to manage and monitor Information Systems as appropriate, eg, HRPTS and FPL.
- Be responsible for ordering Stock for Head of Service and the administration office.
- To be responsible for collating and recording of all staff records and statistical information as required in line with targets and PFA's.
- Ensure smooth running of the Department's administrative system both manual and computerised, including the handling of confidential and sensitive data and ensuring that all relevant files and papers are processed.
- Be responsible for processing minor works requests and ICT requests.
- To participate in all Trust mandatory courses and ensure training is up to date.
- To input and retrieve appropriate information from data bases systems as required
- Records maintenance - manage and maintain records pertaining to several contractual partnerships with the voluntary and community sector across Day Opportunities Trust-wide.
- a) 4 GCSEs to include English Language (Grade A*-C) or equivalent
1 years' clerical/secretarial experience in an office environment to include the use of the Microsoft Office suite of packages
*(b) 2 years' clerical/secretarial experience in an office environment to include the use of the Microsoft Office suite of packages
GCSE English Grade A*-C
*In addition to (a) or (b) applicants must possess:
OCR Text Processing (Business Professionals) Level 2 Award
RSA Stage II Typing/Word Processing (both parts) or equivalent.
Holders of RSA/OCR examinations after September 1986 must have passed both Parts. Part qualifications are not acceptable.
One year paid experience in the use of ICT. This should include the use of word-processing, spreadsheets and e mail.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Leanne Garrett will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate.