Band 3 Personal Secretary
Staffline has been appointed as HSCNI's number 1 recruitment provider for Admin and Clerical roles throughout the province.
Band 3 Personnel Secretary required on a temporary basis based in Antrim
Role: Band 3 Personal Secretary
Rate of Pay: £10.09 per hour
- Provide secretarial services to a professional staff, including organising and maintaining diary/schedule to arrange appointments and meetings.
- Arrange and provide administrative support at meetings including minute taking and issuing of relevant documentation (at base or other locations as required)
- Type reports, memos, letters, forms etc. to a high standard, as required from manuscript, audio and notes using a word processing system or through digital dictation
- In addition as a member of a secretarial/clerical team, the post-holder will be required to provide clerical support to other members of staff within the department
- Prioritising and carrying out word-processing duties to a high standard
- Open, sort and distribute all mail to the department.
- Take appropriate action in relation to mail, telephone and other enquiries ensuring effective messaging and 'bring forward' systems are in place and necessary follow up action is taken
- Liaise with outside agencies and other disciplines, dealing with enquiries as appropriate
- Input and retrieve appropriate information from computerised system
- Manage email account which will include the sending and retrieval of emails
- Maintain and update manual records as required, e.g. client and operational filing, absence rates, salaries and mileage
- Routine filing and maintaining an efficient filing system
- Telephone duties - dealing with departmental queries which will include taking and passing on clear and concise messages and obtaining and passing on information
- Maintain petty cash within the team if required
- Provide cover as required for other clerical staff during periods of absence or excess workload
- Collecting and collating statistical information as required in line with targets and PFA's
- Develop, maintain and update spread-sheets and databases using the Microsoft Office suite
- Participate in training appropriate to the duties of the post
- Maintaining staff relationships and morale
- In agreement with the Locality/Departmental Managers, receive and send emails on behalf of the Locality/Departmental Manager
- Participating as required in assessment and training of staff
(a) 4 GCSEs to include English (Grade A*-C) or equivalent and 1 years' clerical/secretarial experience in an office environment to include the use of the Microsoft Office suite of packages and 1 year's minute taking experience.
(b) 2 years' clerical/secretarial experience in an office environment to include the use of the Microsoft Office suite of packages and GCSE English Grade A*- C and 1 year's minute taking experience.
*Experience must include the following areas-
- using the Microsoft Office suite of packages
- electronic & manual diary management
- organizing & servicing meetings
- collation & presentation of data using MS Excel
- data input
- data extract
- In addition to the above applicants must possess:
- RSA/OCR Stage II Typing/Word Processing (both parts) or equivalent.
- (Holders of RSA/OCR examinations after September 1986 must have passed both Parts/Levels 1 & 2). This must be clearly identified on application form and certificates
- 1 years' experience in the use of ICT. This should include the use of word-processing, spreadsheets and e-mail.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Leanne Garrett will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate.