Band 3 Personal Secretary
Staffline has been appointed as HSCNI's number 1 recruitment provider for Admin and Clerical roles throughout the province.
Band 3 Personal Secretary required on a temporary basis based in Antrim
Role: Band 3 Personal Secretary
Rate of Pay: £10.40 per hour
Hours: 18.75hrs over 4/5 days
· Provide secretarial services to Learning Disability Team.
· Prioritising and carrying out word-processing duties, typing reports, memos, letters, forms etc to a high standard, as required from manuscript, audio and notes using a word processing system or through digital dictation.
· The post-holder will be required to provide administrative support to other members of staff within the department during times of leave etc
· Arrange and provide administrative support at meetings including minute taking and issuing of relevant documentation (at base or other locations as required).
· Open, sort and distribute all mail to the department.
· Take appropriate action in relation to mail, telephone and other enquiries ensuring effective messaging and 'bring forward' systems are in place and necessary follow up action is taken.
· Liaise with outside agencies and other disciplines, dealing with enquiries as appropriate.
· Input and retrieve appropriate information from computerised systems.
· Maintain and update manual records as required, e.g. client and operational filing, absence rates, and mileage.
· Routine filing and maintaining an efficient filing system.
· Telephone duties-dealing with departmental queries which will include taking and passing on clear and concise messages and obtaining and passing on information.
· Cash handling including petty cash and lodgements to the bank.
· Provide cover as required for other clerical staff during periods of absence or excess workload.
· Collecting and collating statistical information as required in line with targets, KPIs and PfAs.
· Develop, maintain and update spreadsheets and databases using the Microsoft Office suite.
*(a) 4 GCSEs to include English Language (Grade A*- C) or equivalent AND 1 years' clerical/secretarial experience in an office environment to include the use of the Microsoft Office suite of packages
*(b) 2 years' clerical/secretarial experience in an office environment to include the use of the Microsoft Office suite of packages AND GCSE English Grade A*-C
*In addition to (a) or (b) applicants must possess:
OCR Text Processing (Business Professionals) Level 2 Award
RSA Stage II Typing/Word Processing (both parts) or equivalent.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Leanne Garrett will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate.