Role: Band 3 Personal Secretary
Rate of Pay: £10.40 per hour
- Provide secretarial services to a senior member of staff / professional team, including organising and maintaining diary/schedule to arrange appointments and meetings
- Type reports, memos, letters, forms etc. to a high standard, as required from manuscript, audio and notes using a word processing system or through digital dictation
- In addition as a member of a secretarial/clerical team, the post-holder will be required to provide clerical support to other members of staff within the team/department
- Prioritising and carrying out word-processing duties to a high standard
- Arrange and provide administrative support at meetings including minute taking and issuing of relevant documentation (at base or other locations as required)
- Open, sort and distribute mail for all departments
- Take appropriate action in relation to mail, telephone and other enquiries ensuring effective messaging and 'bring forward' systems are in place and necessary follow up action is taken
- Liaise with outside agencies and other disciplines, dealing with enquiries as appropriate
- Input and retrieve appropriate information from computerised systems
- Manage email accounts which will include the sending and retrieval of emails
- Maintain and update manual records as required
- Routine filing and maintaining an efficient filing system
- Telephone duties-dealing with departmental queries which will include taking and passing on clear and concise messages and obtaining and passing on information
- Maintain petty cash within the team if required
- Provide cover as required for other clerical staff within the directorate during periods of absence or excess workload
- Collecting and collating statistical information as required in line with targets and PfAs
- Develop, maintain and update spreadsheets and databases using the Microsoft Office suite
- Participate in training appropriate to the duties of the post
- Maintain staff relationships and morale
- In agreement with the Locality Manager/Dept Manager, receive and send emails
- Assist in the training of other administrative staff within the department and appropriate to the post
- Maintain confidentiality within and without the workplace at all times
- Through his/her own actions adherence to the Principles of Equality and Human Rights Legislation
- Use Trust and Departmental technology in line with the Trust's Information Management and Technology strategy
- Undertake any other duties as assigned by the Locality Manager to ensure the needs of the department are met.
- 4 GCSEs to include English and Mathematics (Grade A*- C) or equivalent AND 1 years' clerical/secretarial experience including minute-taking in an office environment
- GCSE English and Mathematics (Grade A*- C) or equivalent AND 2 years' clerical/secretarial experience including minute-taking in an office environment
In addition to (a) or (b) applicants must possess a qualification in an IT/Keyboarding/Word Processing related subject AND have one years' working experience of using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook in an office environment.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Jamie Leetch will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate.