Band 3 Personal Secretary
Band 3 Personal Secretary will be responsible for a large public sector organisation based through the Belfast Trust.
Salary: £10.40 p/h
Location: Shankill Resource Centre
Hours: FT, 37.5hpw
Duration: 6m ongoing
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
The post holder will be expected to carry out a wide range of secretarial /administrative tasks including the use of word processing/audio typing, minute taking and use of other computer packages/programmes. The post holder will also be expected to deal with non-routine activities such as answering queries, progress chasing and task related problem solving using their own initiative.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure the Trust's policy on equality of opportunity is promoted through his/her own actions and those of any staff for whom he/she has responsibility.
- Co-operate fully with the implementation of the Trust's Health and Safety arrangements, reporting any accidents/incidents/equipment defects to his/her manager, and maintaining a clean, uncluttered, and safe environment for patients/clients, members of the public and staff.
- Always adhere to all Trust policies/codes of conduct, including for example:
- Smoke Free policy
- IT Security Policy and Code of Conduct
- standards of attendance, appearance, and behaviour
- Contribute to ensuring the highest standards of environmental cleanliness within your designated area of work.
- Co-operate fully regarding Trust policies and procedures relating to infection prevention and control.
- Take responsibility for his/her own ongoing learning and development, to maximise his/her potential and continue to meet the demands of the post.
- Represent the Trust's commitment to providing the highest possible standard of service to patients/clients and members of the public, by treating all those with whom he/she comes into contact in the course of work, in a pleasant, courteous, and respectful manner.
- Word processing/audio typing letters/producing reports.
- Dealing with general enquiries.
- Maintaining diaries.
- Minute taking.
- Arranging meetings.
- Sorting and processing information.
- Preparation of statistical information.
- Dealing with requests for information.
- Making appointments.
- Dealing with telephone calls.
- 4 GCSE's Grades A-C to include English Language (or equivalent Qualification) plus 1 year's Secretarial /admin /clerical experience
- NVQ Level 2 in Administration (or equivalent qualification) plus 1 year's secretarial /admin /clerical experience.
- 2 year's secretarial /admin /clerical experience
- RSA/OCR Stage II Text Processing Part I and Part II (or equivalent/ above qualification).
1 year's word processing experience, to include typing and formatting of reports and letters
If you are interested and available for this position, please upload your CV to the link or contact Hollie McArthur. Hollie.Mcarthur@staffline.co.uk
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless of if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.