Band 3 Personal/Team Secretary
Staffline has been appointed as HSCNI's number 1 recruitment provider for Admin and Clerical roles throughout the province.
Band 3 Personal/Team Secretary required on a temporary basis based in Ballymena x2 and Anrtim x1
Role: Band 3 Personal/Team Secretary
Rate of Pay: £10.40 per hour
Location: Ballymena x2 & Antrim x1
Hours: 37.5hrs, 30hrs & 16hrs
- Provide secretarial services to senior members of staff and the professional teams, including organising and maintaining diary/schedule to arrange appointments and meetings.
- Type reports, memos, letters, forms, etc. as required from manuscript, audio and notes using a word processing system or through digital dictation.
- In addition as a member of a secretarial/clerical team, the post-holder will be required to provide clerical support to other members of staff within the department.
- Prioritising and carrying out word processing duties to a high standard.
- Arrange and provide administrative support at meetings, including minute taking and issuing of relevant documentation (at base or other locations as required).
- Open, sort and distribute all mail to the department.
- Take appropriate action in relation to mail, telephone and other enquiries ensuring effective messaging and 'bring forward' systems are in place and necessary follow-up action is taken as well as appropriate reception duties.
- Liaise with outside agencies and other disciplines, dealing with enquiries as appropriate.
- Communication by telephone, written correspondence and possible face-to-face contact with service users, families or other members of the public in relation to referrals, equipment and service provision (i.e. waiting list).
- Maintain and update manual records as required e.g. service user and operational filing, photo-coping.
- Routine filing and maintaining an efficient filing system.
- Telephone duties - dealing with departmental queries which will include taking and passing on clear and concise messages and obtaining and passing on information.
- Maintain and order adequate supplies of stock/non-stock items through the e-procurement system as required approved by the Consultant Clinical Psychologists/Senior Admin Supports.
- Provide cover as required for other clerical staff during periods of absence or excess workload.
- Collecting and collating statistical information as required.
- Maintain confidentiality within and without the workplace at all times.
- Through his/her own actions ensure adherence to the Principles of Equality and Human Rights legislation.
*(a) 4 GCSEs to include English and Mathematics (Grade A*-C) or equivalent AND 1 years' clerical/secretarial experience in an office environment to include the use of the Microsoft Office suite of packages.
*In addition to (a) applicants must possess Functional Skills ICT Level 2 or OCR Text Processing (Business Professionals) Level 2 Award or RSA Stage II Typing/Word Processing (both parts) or equivalent.
Holders of RSA/OCR examinations after September 1986 must have passes both parts. Part qualifications are not acceptable.
1 years' experience in the use of ICT. This should include the use of word-processing, spreadsheets and email.
1 years' experience in minute taking.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Jamie Leetch will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate.