Staffline has been appointed as HSCNI's number 1 recruitment provider for Admin and Clerical roles throughout the province.
Band 3 Programme Support Officer required on a temporary basis based in Ballymena
Role: Band 3 Programme Support Officer
Rate of Pay: £10.40per hour
Hours: 19hrs (Wed - Fri)
The post holder will be required to provide programme support within the Health and WellbeingTeam, assisting with the day to day management of the office and ensure a high quality of service.
KEY RESULT AREAS / MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage incoming and outgoing correspondence, which includes e-mail, letters, memos and reports as necessary and ensure 'bring forward' systems are in place and necessary follow up action is taken. Drafting and compiling letters, reports and presentations as required and assist with the development and administration of research/audit tools including questionnaires and focus groups
- To collate and/or retrieve statistical data as required, and contribute to the analysis of data and support the development of draft baseline, interim and final evaluation reports as required.
- Knowledge and experience of using a range of software programmes to include Microsoft Word, Excel and Access along with other IT programmes as necessary.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of the internet and other resources to source documents.
- Contribute to the planning and organisation of Training Courses and Events being delivered by the Health and Wellbeing Team.
- Attend meetings (at base and other locations as required), provide administrative support including minute taking and ensure that adequate preparation materials are available prior to meetings. Meet deadlines within appropriate time frames, and book venues and presentation equipment as required.
- Maintain diaries, make appointments and review schedules for staff.
- Update records and maintain efficient filing systems. Set up and maintain data collection and analysis capacity from the respective programme/s, service users and other stakeholders
- Competent in use of photocopier, shredder, fax machine and ensure faults are reported when necessary.
- Provide reception duties, answer the telephone, take messages, and deal with queries as necessary from Trust staff, community, voluntary and other statutory sector staff. Provide cover as required for other clerical staff during periods of absence or excess workload.
- Maintain petty cash within the team if required
- Maintain strict confidentiality in relation to the work at all times.
- To requisition supplies and maintain adequate levels of stock/stationery for the Programme Support Officers.
- Ensure adherence; through his/her own actions to the principles of Equality and Human Rights legislation and Trust policies on Data Protection, Health and Safety and Fire Precautions. Use Trust and Departmental technology in line with the Trust's Information Management and Technology Strategy.
- To participate in the appraisal and development process, identifying training needs and attending meetings/training courses as required or as appropriate to the duties of the post.
- Undertake any other duties as assigned by manager to ensure the needs of the service are met
*(a) 4 GCSEs to include English (Grade A*-C) or equivalent AND 1 years' clerical/secretarial experience in an office environment to include the use of the Microsoft Office suite of packages
*(b) 2 years' clerical/secretarial experience in an office environment to include the use of the Microsoft Office suite of packages AND GCSE English Grade A*-C
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Christine Thompson will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate.