Staffline has been appointed as HSCNI's number 1 recruitment provider for Admin and Clerical roles throughout the province.
Band 3 Team Secretary is required on a temporary basis based in Newtownabbey
Role: Band 3 Team Secretary
Rate of Pay: £10.40 per hour
- Be aware of Trust Cash Handling Policy as post holder will be required to collect money from clients on a daily basis to pay for their on-site meal.
- Count and reconcile monies collected from various social clubs, 'meals on wheels 'and other initiatives.
- Petty cash duties.
- Type reports, memos, letters, forms etc as required from manuscript and notes using a word processing system.
- Liaise closely with other departments dealing with incoming and outgoing enquiries as appropriate.
- Use UNITAS system to do all ordering for the centre such as supplies/utensils for kitchen and supplies for the centre.
- Monitor and reconcile all invoices for deliveries and send to appropriate Trust department in a timely manner for payment.
- Ensure timesheets for weekly paid staff are completed and sent to the appropriate department within timescales.
- Provide clerical support to Centre Manager and maintain diary.
- Take minutes of staff meetings on a monthly basis.
- Communication by phone, written correspondence and possible face-to-face contact with clients, families or other members of the public.
- Filing duties and maintain and update manual records.
- Answering telephone and taking messages and reception duties.
- Weekly/monthly/quarterly preparation and provision of statistics
- Data input and retrieval of appropriate information from computerised system, e.g. Soscare, etc.
- Processing and despatching outgoing and incoming mail.
- Maintaining staff relationships and morale amongst other members of staff.
- Participating as required in assessment and training of staff having the required nationally recognised competence when this is necessary to carry out this responsibility.
- Maintain confidentiality within and without the workplace.
- To implement and monitor protocols as directed by The Service Delivery Unit whilst ensuring that all clients are seen within designated time frames as laid down by the Department.
a) 4 GCSEs to include English Language (Grade A*-C) or equivalent AND 1 years' clerical/secretarial experience in an office environment to include the use of the Microsoft Office suite of packages
*(b) 2 years' clerical/secretarial experience in an office environment to include the use of the Microsoft Office suite of packages AND GCSE English Grade A*-C
*In addition to (a) or (b) applicants must possess:
OCR Text Processing (Business Professionals) Level 2 Award
RSA Stage II Typing/Word Processing (both parts) or equivalent.
Holders of RSA/OCR examinations after September 1986 must have passed both Parts. Part qualifications are not acceptable. This must be clearly identified on application form.
One year experience in the use of ICT. This should include the use of word-processing, spreadsheets and e mail.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Jamie Leetch will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate.