|Salary||Up to £11.11 per hour|
|Published||14 days ago|
Role: Band 3 Team Secretary
Rate of Pay: £11.11 per hour
- Provide secretarial services to a senior member of staff/professional team, including organising and maintaining diary/schedule to arrange appointments and meetings.
- Provide administrative/secretarial support within the department, e.g. audio typing, photocopying, etc.
- Type reports, memos, letters, forms etc. to a high standard, as required from manuscript, audio and notes using a word processing system or through digital dictation.
- In addition as a member of a secretarial/clerical team, the post-holder will be required to provide clerical support to other members of staff within the department.
- Prioritising and carrying out word-processing duties to a high standard.
- Arrange and provide administrative support at meetings including minute taking and issuing of relevant documentation (at base or other locations as required).
- Open, sort, distribute all mail to the department, and prepare out-going mail as required.
- Take appropriate action in relation to mail, telephone and other enquiries ensuring effective messaging and 'bring forward' systems are in place and necessary follow up action is taken.
- Liaise with outside agencies and other disciplines, dealing with enquiries as appropriate.
- Input and retrieve appropriate information from computerised system.
- Manage email account, which will include the sending and retrieval of emails.
- In agreement with Locality/Departmental Managers, receive and send e-mails on behalf of the Locality/Departmental Manager and/or other professional staff.
- Maintain and update appropriate records as required, e.g. client and operational filing, absence rates, salaries and mileage, accident reporting and notification of change.
- Routine filing and maintaining an efficient filing system.
- Telephone duties dealing with departmental queries which will include taking and passing on clear and concise messages and obtaining and passing on information accurately.
- Act as a reference point for all internal and external enquiries relating to the department and ensure necessary communication is maintained with the Director, Senior Managers and other professionals.
- Liaise with complainants on behalf of General Manager, including organisation and minuting of complaint meetings and collating complaint responses for General Manager
- Maintain petty cash within the team if required.
- Cash handling including petty cash and lodgements to the bank.
4 GCSEs (Grades A*-C) to include English Plus 1 year's *paid clerical experience in an office environment
English GCSE (Grade A*-C) Plus 2 years' *paid clerical experience in an office environment
*This experience must include the following areas
- using the Microsoft Office suite of packages
- electronic & manual diary management
- organising & servicing meetings
- collation & presentation of data using MS Excel
- data input
- data extract
- (Work based examples must be clearly outlined on the application form) _________________________________
- In addition to the above applicants must possess:
- RSA/OCR Stage II Typing/Word Processing (both parts) or equivalent. (Holders of RSA/OCR examinations after September 1986 must have passed both Parts/Levels 1 & 2). This must be clearly identified on application form and certificates
- 1 years' experience in the use of ICT. This should include the use of word-processing, spreadsheets and e-mail.
- In addition for some posts applicants must possess 1 year's minute taking
- Equivalent Qualifications considered
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Jamie Leetch will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate.