Band 3 Team Secretary
Staffline has been appointed as HSCNI's number 1 recruitment provider for Admin and Clerical roles throughout the province.
Band 3 Team Secretary required on a temporary basis based in Antrim
Role: Band 3 Team Secretary
Rate of Pay: £11.11 per hour
Hours: 37.5 hrs
- Provide secretarial support to Memory Service including the organising and maintaining of diary/schedules
- Type reports, memos, letters, forms etc to a high standard, as required from manuscript, audio and notes using a word processing system.
- In addition as a member of a secretarial/clerical team, the post-holder will be required to provide clerical support to other members of staff within the department.
- Prioritising and carrying out word-processing duties to a high standard.
- Arrange and provide administrative support at meetings including minute taking and issuing of relevant documentation (at base or other locations as required)
- Open, sort and distribute all mail to the department.
- Take appropriate action in relation to mail, telephone and other enquiries ensuring effective messaging and 'bring forward' systems are in place and necessary follow up action is taken.
- Liaise with outside agencies and other disciplines, dealing with enquiries as appropriate.
- Input and retrieve appropriate information from computerised system.
- Manage email account which will include the sending and retrieval of emails.
- Maintain and update manual records as required, e.g. client and operational filing, absence rates, salaries and mileage.
- Routine filing and maintaining an efficient filing system.
- Telephone duties-dealing with departmental queries which will include taking and passing on clear and concise messages and obtaining and passing on information.
- Maintain petty cash within the team if required.
- Cash handling including petty cash and lodgements to the bank.
- Provide cover as required for other clerical staff during periods of absence or excess workload.
- Collecting and collating statistical information as required in line with targets and PfAs.
- Develop, maintain and update spreadsheets and databases using the Microsoft Office suite.
- Participate in training appropriate to the duties of the post. Communicate effectively with staff and maintain productive working relationships amongst your colleagues and with others;
- In agreement with Locality/Departmental Managers, receive and send e-mails on behalf of the Locality/Departmental Manager.
- Participate as required in training of staff.
- Provide administrative cover as required during the absence of other staff or during periods of excess workload.
- Maintain confidentiality within and without the workplace at all times.
- Through his/her own actions ensure adherence to the Principles of Equality and Human Rights legislation.
- Use Trust and Departmental technology in line with the \trust's Information Management and Technology Strategy.
- Undertake any other duties as assigned by Manager to ensure the needs of the department are met.
- 4 GCSEs to include English Language (Grade A*-C) or equivalent AND 1 years' clerical/secretarial experience in an office environment to include the use of the Microsoft Office suite of package
- (b) 2 years' clerical/secretarial experience in an office environment to include the use of the Microsoft Office suite of packages AND GCSE English Grade A*-C
- In addition to (a) or (b) applicants must have:
- RSA II Typing/Word Processing (both parts) or equivalent
- One year experience in the use of ICT. This should include the use of word-processing, spreadsheets and e mail.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Christine Thompson will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate.