Staffline has been appointed as HSCNI's number 1 recruitment provider for Admin and Clerical roles throughout the province.
Band 3 Ward Clerk required on a temporary basis based in Coleraine
Role: Band 3 Ward Clerk
Rate of Pay: £10.40 per hour
Hours: 20hrs (9am - 1pm Mon - Fri)
- Ward Records -
- Support the Ward manager and MDT by carrying out clerical duties including organising and minuting meetings.
- Be involved in PIPA meetings - taking notes etc.
- Compile statistics onto Excel spreadsheets.
- Ordering via e-procurement
- Input data to, and obtain information from a Computerised Patient Administration Systems at ward level, as requested by the Ward Manager;
- Prepare filing, charts and bed labels for all admissions;
- Blood labels and patient continuation labels.
- Inform Catering Department of number of meals required and menu selection requested. Prepare diet requests as instructed.
- Cover for Medical Secretary during times of sick leave/annual leave etc.
- Cover other ward clerks during times of sick leave/annual leave etc.
- Patients' Notes and X-Rays -
- Prepare and update casenotes for admission/attendance, add follow up sheets/mount sheets/addressograph labels as required.
- File Laboratory/X-Rays of discharged patients, file all available reports, nursing notes, observation sheets, etc, in appropriate section. Arrange delivery of case notes to appropriate Medical Secretary.
- Maintain an adequate supply of blank case notes, follow up sheets, mount sheets, observation sheets, ECT sheets, ECT consent forms, laboratory forms/specimen containers and general stationery in ward or department.
- Liaise with Medical Secretaries/Medical Records Department and other staff as necessary.
- Reception/Telephone Duties
- Inform Nursing/Medical Staff of arrival of all admissions to ward.
- Forward to the location identified in the appropriate policy, all money and valuables handed over by patients on admission.
- Liaise with Medical Records Department regarding patients' state benefits/allowances.
- Arrange collection of Patients money/valuables prior to discharge.
- Liaise with Medical Records Department regarding Mental Health Order correspondence as directed by the Ward Manager.
- Answer telephone and refer all messages and enquiries to the Ward Manager - if nursing staff are available.
- Photocopying notes as requested by governance.
- Advise visitors during visiting hours, of patient location as instructed by the Ward Manager.
- Participate in training. Ensure mandatory training is carried out
- Any other duties relevant assigned to the post.
- Medical Records -
- Deal with Information Governance FOI requests and keeping the tracker system updated.
- Assist with the submission and recording of benefit claims/Queries made on behalf of the Locality Manager for incapable patients within Holywell Hospital.
- Death Data, updating the PARIS system promptly and informing any Mental Health Professional/Community Mental Health Team involved with the client.
- Deal with the daily duties involved with the smooth and efficient running of the Filing Room, ordering notes, updating the Case Note Tracker, filing, dealing with requests from other Mental Health Trusts regarding client information.
- Open, sort and distribute mail.
- Deal with telephone calls and process messages and queries as appropriate.
- Input and extract information from appropriate computer systems/keyboard duties
3 GCSE's (Grade A-C) to include English Language or equivalent.
2 years clerical/secretarial experience to include 1 year working experience of using Microsoft Packages such as Outlook, Word & Excel
Equivalent qualifications considered
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Leanne Garrett will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate.