Band 3 Ward Clerk is required on a temporary basis based in Antrim
Role: Band 3 Ward Clerk
Rate of Pay: £10.40 per hour
- Retrieval and preparation of casenotes for any planned elective admissions and emergency admissions.
- Maintain casenotes of inpatients whilst on the ward ensuring that all items are securely fastened in the casenotes. Maintain an adequate supply of addressographs, mount sheets and clinical paper in each casenote.
- Filing of laboratory test results, x-ray reports and general correspondence within the casenotes whilst patient is an inpatient on the ward.
- Collation of laboratory test results and x-ray reports after discharge from the ward and filing of signed format within the patients' casenotes.
- Act as first point of contact on ward bases for all disciplines and visitors to the department.
- Answering telephone queries ensuring that messages are recorded correctly and passed on to the appropriate person.
- Liaising with GP surgeries, medical and nursing staff, multi-disciplinary team members, other hospitals, medical records departments re patients' information.
- Frequent communication with distressed patients and relatives.
- Booking of ambulance transport for patients on discharge or transfer. Booking of ambulance transport for investigations on other hospital sites.
- Inform Dalriada Doctor of deaths of patients on ward.
- Arrange interpreters for ward when needed using correct processes and procedures.
- Record all admissions, discharges and transfers on the ward promptly on PAS and Openward systems, ensuring that demographic details are updated accurately.
- Ensure Solver System is updated with appropriate information in a timely manner.
- Provide a clerical service to the Ward/Department Manager, Nursing Staff and other professionals.
- Distribution of incoming and outgoing mail.
- Continual use of VDU to provide information as required.
- Order and maintain an adequate supply of stationery as required by the ward/department through non stock, stock and high density storage system.
3 GCSE's (Grade A-C) to include English Language or equivalent.
2 years clerical/secretarial experience to include 1 year working experience of using Microsoft Packages such as Outlook, Word & Excel
Equivalent qualifications considered
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Jamie Leetch will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate.