Band 3 Ward Clerk
Grafton Recruitment has been appointed as HSCNI's number 1 recruitment provider for Admin, Clerical and Support Services.
Band 3 Ward Clerk required on a temporary basis based in Coleraine.
Role: Band 3 Ward Clerk
Rate of Pay: £8.90 per hour
Hours: 22.50 hours 9am - 1:30pm
- Retrieval and preparation of casenotes for any planned elective admissions and emergency admissions.
- Maintain casenotes of inpatients whilst on the ward ensuring that all items are securely fastened in the casenotes. Maintain an adequate supply of addressographs, mount sheets and clinical paper in each casenote.
- Filing of laboratory test results, x-ray reports and general correspondence within the casenotes whilst patient is an inpatient on the ward.
- Collation of laboratory test results and x-ray reports after discharge from the ward and filing of signed format within the patients' casenotes.
- Ensure an adequate supply of ward admission packs, relevant forms and care plans for the department.
- Daily transfer of casenotes to secretarial offices and/or medical records/other departments.
- Filing of all nursing assessments paperwork following discharge of patient into patients' casenotes.
- Act as first point of contact on ward bases for all disciplines and visitors to the department.
- Answering telephone queries ensuring that messages are recorded correctly and passed on to the appropriate person.
- Liaising with GP surgeries, medical and nursing staff, multi-disciplinary team members, other hospitals, medical records departments re patients' information.
- Frequent communication with distressed patients and relatives.
- Ensuring timely preparation of documentation for coding staff. Liaising with Clinical Coding Department to ensure that clinical coding is completed at the time of discharge from the ward.
- Ensuring patient review appointments are dealt with via the appropriate channel on discharge from the ward.
- Booking of ambulance transport for patients on discharge or transfer. Booking of ambulance transport for investigations on other hospital sites.
- Inform Dalriada Doctor of deaths of patients on ward.
- Arrange interpreters for ward when needed using correct processes and procedures.
- Record all admissions, discharges and transfers on the ward promptly on PAS and Openward systems, ensuring that demographic details are updated accurately.
- Ensure casenote tracking on PAS is kept up to date.
- Ensure Solver System is updated with appropriate information in a timely manner.
- Information Management and Technology Strategy.
- Undertaking any other duties appropriate to the band as assigned by the Administration Manager.
- Provide a clerical service to the Ward/Department Manager, Nursing Staff and other professionals.
- Distribution of incoming and outgoing mail.
- Continual use of VDU to provide information as required.
* 4 GCSE's ( A - C) including English Language or equivalent and 1 years admin experience to include the use of computerised systems eg Microsoft office
2 year's clerical experience in an office environment to include the use of computerised systems eg Microsoft office
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Leanne Garrett will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Grafton Recruitment regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.