Band 4 Admin Officer
Band 4 Admin Officer required on a temporary basis based in Boucher Crescent, Belfast.
Role: Band 4 Admin Officer
Rate of Pay: £10.20 per hour
Location: Boucher Crescent, Belfast
Hours: 37.5 Hours
Duration: Until April 2020
The Business Support Service Officer role assists the Business Support Services Manager in the provision of an administrative support service for PaLS Senior team members, this includes the administrative support to Senior Management meetings involving internal and external stakeholders, facilities management activity and invoice processing, ultimately contributing to PaLS success in meeting departmental and corporate targets / objectives.
Main Duties / Responsibilities
- The officer is responsible for the overall efficient and effective day to day administrative and secretarial support to the Senior Managers within PaLS using MS Office suite (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- The officer will provide secretarial support on behalf of PaLS Executive / team members for Regional Procurement Board / Board sub committees, PaLS Executive / Operational meetings, including calendar management, preparation & co-ordination of relevant papers and liaison with attendees to ensure appropriate attendance.
- Organise functions and events on behalf of the PaLS Senior Management Team.
- Maintain the Finance Process Manager (FPM) workbench of the Senior Management team in terms of checking invoices for accuracy and value and recommending acceptance or rejection.
- Support Senior Officers in preparing responses/papers/briefings for submission to senior internal and external stakeholders including where necessary political representatives.
- Responsible for logging calls for the Facilities Management of the PaLS Head Office building regarding remedial / project work, (via contractor online Facilities Management system). Liaise with contractors on site regarding works activity and follow up on related invoice process checking / query investigations and SOFA's (Summary of Final Account).
- Carry out the role of document controller ensuring PaLS Quality Management System documented information is version controlled, up to date and accessible via the PaLS SharePoint Portal.
- Act as the point of contact within PaLS for Contract Adjudication Groups (CAG), collating all requests from PaLS Sourcing officers for Trust / HSC organisations for CAG nominees and recording responses. Maintain the key working relationships with all parties involved to ensure CAG representation is provided within agreed timeframes.
- Manage and maintain the PaLS electronic register of nominated CAG representatives and record CAG tender process evaluation feedback on database and produce CAG feedback management report on a quarterly basis for Senior Management review.
- Update online systems for the management of external records storage services for PaLS, review document records for retention periods and take action regarding record destruction as appropriate.
- Collate and verify PaLS agency worker weekly timesheets are complete and approved prior to forwarding to respective agencies for processing within agreed weekly timeframes.
- To manage the content of the PaLS website page and PaLS SharePoint Portal to ensure Customer / Staff information related content published is relevant, current and accurately presented.
1. GCSE Maths and GCSE English (A-C) OR equivalent qualification to demonstrate literacy and numeracy OR higher qualification;
2 x A Levels or equivalent qualification OR higher qualification;
18 months' relevant experience* within the past 5 years
Degree and 6 months relevant experience within the past 5 years
A minimum of 3 years' relevant experience*, two of which must be within the past 5 years.
* This experience should be within an office administration environment with an emphasis on secretarial skills e.g. minute taking and diary management.
2. Ability to communicate effectively and influence others including through negotiation
3. Ability to use PC software programmes e.g. Microsoft Office Word and Excel to manage, analyse and evaluate information
4. Ability to deal with the pressure of a challenging and varied workload in a fast changing environment
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Muriosa will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE Friday 17th January 2020.