Band 4 Administrative Support Officer, FT/PT
Band 4 Administrative Services Officer
Temporary Administrative Support Officer will be responsible for a large public sector organisation based through the Belfast Trust.
Rate of Pay: £11.53 p/h
Location: Linum Building, Belfast
Hours: x1 37.5hrs p/w & x1 12 weeks
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
The post holder will form an integral part of the Health Improvement Team within the Health Improvement Directorate, with the responsibility of ensuring the efficient and effective delivery of the administrative function within the team. This role will also require the post holder to fulfil high level administrative duties on behalf of the Senior Managers and Consultants.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- To provide a high level of administrative/secretarial support to senior management team.
- Act as first point of contact for a range of clinical referrals relating to Specialist Services, including liaison with external organisations and the Public Health Agency.
- Provide support to the team in the administration department ensuring that all relevant information is available and taking up action with relevant staff when required.
- To be responsible for ensuring all staff training within Specialist Services Commissioning is fully completed.
- To hold responsibility for ensuring adherence to information governance procedures and policies within the Health Improvement Team.
- To provide high level support to the Senior Managers and Consultants as required, including project support, and the provision of staff cover in the event of absences.
- To plan and co-ordinate conferences, workshops and events involving liaison with a wide range of stakeholders such as service users and carers and national experts (preparing agendas, arranging appropriate venue, coordinating travel arrangements, hospitality and resources), project support.
- To organise travel arrangements for Senior Managers and Consultants, including booking flights, transfers, hotels and meeting accommodation as well as preparation of itineraries.
- To undertake typing and word processing duties as required, including transcribing minutes, reports and letters.
- To ensure appropriate files and information are available for the Senior Managers and Consultants for meetings and appointments and operate an efficient bring forward system.
- To prepare reports and presentations as required, using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access and Power Point applications).
- Organising workshops.
- To support the Senior Managers and Consultants in the co-ordination of effective staff cover for Services.
- To be responsible for the development, input, management and maintenance of the team databases for revenue and capital business cases.
- To liaise with relevant Managers and Assistant Director in relation to the delegation of any requests for information received from the DoH or Northern Ireland Assembly and to ensure that responses required from Health Improvement are reviewed and submitted within the agreed time line.
- To establish and maintain effective communication systems within the Health Improvement Team and other directorates, both internal and external to the PHA.
- To develop, organise, manage and maintain secure filing systems both manually and electronically in line with Good Management / Good Records guidelines and office standards.
- To be responsible for the maintenance of stationery and office equipment stock, ordering supplies and other items for Health Improvement and the Directorate as a whole when required in line with PHA policy, ensuring timely provision of supplies to meet the business needs of the office.
2 A-Levels and GCSE (Grades A-C) English and Mathematics
18 months Administrative/ Clerical experience
3 years Administrative/ Clerical experience
In addition to one of the above:
OCR Stage 2 Text Processing (Part 1) & Stage 2 Word Processing / Typing (RSA3) or equivalent qualifications
1 years' experience in high level word processing (report writing, spread sheet maintenance etc.) to include an excellent working knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Access and Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal skills - ability to communicate fluently and effectively both in writing and orally with other agencies and members of staff at all levels.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure.
- Ability to work as part of a team and to use own initiative.
- Good organisational and time management skills with the ability to plan and organise work to deliver high quality work within tight timescales.
- Self-motivated and willing to accept responsibility.
- Ability to understand and analyse problems and devise practical and creative solutions.
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link or contact Hannah Fitzsimons. Hannah.Fitzsimons@staffline.co.uk
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.