Band 4 Administrator required for a large public sector organisation based through the Belfast Trust.
Location: Undergraduate office, Postgraduate Centre, Belfast City Hospital
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
The post-holder will be based at the Belfast City Hospital site, and will provide high quality administrative services to assist the Undergraduate Sub Deanery Manager, Undergraduate Clinical Sub Dean and the Education, Appraisal and Revalidation Manager in running the Undergraduate administrative office. In addition the post-holder will provide support to senior medical staff within both the Sub Deanery structure for QUB and the Sub Deanery structure for UU.
The post holder could also be asked to provide support and cover for colleagues of a similar grade dependant on service need/ priorities and on different Belfast Trust sites.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
In partnership with their Sub Deanery Administrator counterparts, the post holder will:
- Assist the Sub Deanery Manager and Sub Deanery Co-ordinator in the day-to-day running of administrative services within Undergraduate Medical Education.
- Provide administrative and secretarial support to the Clinical Sub Dean, Associate Sub Deans, Sub Deanery leads and other senior management teams within educational functions. This will include organising and maintaining diary/schedule, BF systems, minute taking, arranging appointments and meetings; dissemination of papers via email correspondence, general typing duties and preparation of documents and reports.
- Co-ordinate, organise and attend meetings, training events, workshops and conferences as appropriate, which includes servicing a range of meetings and taking minutes.
- Co-ordinate, plan, organise and deliver the QUB new curriculum at Trust level.
- Develop close working relationships with the required local administration teams within Belfast Trust and QUB Centre for Medical Education administration teams to deliver the new curriculum.
- Organise and arrange the medical student teaching programme, liaising with Clinical teachers regarding their availability and their commitment to teach for lectures, case based tutorials, ward teaching, clinics, theatres etc. Ensure appropriate teaching accommodation is available and booked on all Belfast Trust hospital sites.
- Upload clinical teaching data on to the Booking Live online booking system to enable medical students to book clinics, theatre slots and teaching sessions during their time allocated to the Belfast Trust. This system will need to be updated regularly during the academic year to ensure the data uploaded is accurate.
- Create individual student timetables for QUB Year 3 students when attached to the Belfast Trust for their longitudinal clerkships. Ensure timely publication of all teaching timetables and dissemination to clinical leads, clinical teachers, Sub Deanery Fellows (SDFs) and medical students.
- Act as the main point of contact for dealing with day-to-day student and Clinical Teacher issues, enquiries and changes for all aspects of the clinical curriculum, ensuring timely notification of changes.
- Collect and collate attendance registers for medical students, through appropriate information systems, monitoring student attendance and performance; follow up non-attendance and report any difficulties to appropriate staff as required.
- Assist the Sub Deanery Manager and the Sub Deanery Coordinator in the organisation of the medical and dental assessment process, including competency testing and Objective Structured Clinical Examinations (OSCEs). This involves patient attendance at examinations and liaison directly with patients regarding arrangements, along with the continued development and maintenance of a patient database.
- Support the Sub Deanery Co-ordinator to maintain an up to date database of all Clinical Teachers for the Trust, creating and disseminating teaching certificates, as appropriate to those involved in the delivery of undergraduate teaching.
- Support the Sub Deanery Co-ordinator to administer the Trust's responsibilities with regards to the Final Year Assistantship programme across the Belfast Trust. This includes maintaining a database, developing rotas, monitoring attendance, organising mandatory training, and communicating details to all students, supervisors and SDFs involved in the delivery of the Assistantship.
- Support the Sub Deanery Management team in delivering the full UU curriculum, including their assistantship programmes.
- Co-ordinate the organisation of external Undergraduate Medical Elective placements within the Belfast Trust. Contacting the overseas students, creating and maintaining a computerised record of all requests, handling administration fees, contacting relevant Consultant supervisors, other Trusts and universities as required in the organisation of the placement.
- Co-ordinate the QUB mandatory elective programme, liaising with QUB, Clinical supervisors and the students.
- Review, edit and maintain appropriate communication and information systems for students including booklets, intranet and web pages in respect of the Belfast Trust, and collaborate with consultant medical staff to improve communication and information resources.
- Co-ordinate student access to the IT suites across the Trust. Communication with students during term time and create individual IT accounts for all students attached to the Belfast Trust.
As part of quality assurance, evaluation and governance processes, assist the Sub Deanery Manager to regularly monitor and analyse student feedback for all teaching, and liaise with relevant medical staff on issues arising as appropriate.
- Assist in the recruitment process for the Clinical Skills teachers and Sub Deanery Fellows. Assist Registrars with their application process to undertake a postgraduate course in clinical education, including co-ordinating the appointment and funding processes, linking closely with QUB.
- Provide support to the Undergraduate Sub Deanery Manager and Sub Deanery Co-ordinator, in the organisation of the Annual Undergraduate Oration, liaising with various medical staff, QUB staff, catering staff and photographers.
- Provide support for new developments and change initiatives as required.
- Carry out all other administrative duties as may be delegated to the post holder appropriate to the grade.
- HNC / HND or equivalent / higher qualification in an administrative related field AND 1 years administrative experience to include at least 6 months working with medical or dental staff, or within a medical / dental education or workforce role
4 GCSEs at Grades A-C including English or English Language or equivalent / higher qualification
AND years administrative experience to include at least 6 months working with medical or dental staff, or within a medical / dental education or workforce role
3 years administrative experience to include at least 6 months working with medical or dental staff, or within a medical / dental education or workforce role
If you are interested and available for this position, please upload your CV to the link or contact Rhianna
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.