Band 4 Research Administrator required for a large public sector organisation based through the Belfast Trust.
Location: Royal Victoria Hospital, NI Clinical Research network.
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
The Public Health Agency (PHA), Health and Social Care (HSC) Research and Development Division fund the Northern Ireland Clinical Research Network (NICRN). The NICRN works with NI researchers to help set up and run high quality clinical trials across Health and Social Care structures so patients can benefit from new and better treatments.
The NICRN /Clinical trials administrative assistant is an integral part of the delivery team. They will assist NICRN management, Clinical Leads and Clinical Trial Co-ordinators in the co-ordination of all administrative support aspects of clinical trial activity and by providing administrative support for core office functions. The post holder will support the delivery of the administrative needs of the NI Clinical Research Network Coordinating Centre and clinical speciality groups.
The post is will principally support 3 key areas for the NI Clinical Research Network. Firstly to support the Vision admin team in the delivery of the Vision portfolio by supporting the team in the delivery of their service admin functions. Secondly to support the delivery of the Gastrointestinal teams delivery of the DELTA clinics and finally to support the NI Clinical Research Network Coordinating Centre staff management team with their service administrative needs.
For each of the following, the postholder will;
- Provide administrative support to Clinical Leads, Clinical Trial Co-ordinators and NI Clinical Research Network Managers.
- Create and maintain trial-filing systems, ensuring that the filing and retrieval of records and documents are accurate and up to date for audit purposes. This includes tracking and filing trial documents from funders, sponsors, ethics committees, regulatory authorities and trial site patients, and patients interested in research, call logs etc.
- Print trial documents including; trial manuals, case report forms, patient information packs and other trial related documentation.
- Assist in developing and maintaining trial management systems to support the collation and reporting of study metrics (e.g. patient screening, accrual and follow up data).
- Assist maintaining stock/consumables trial management systems
- Assist with the ordering, rreceipt and storage of trial supplies, including delivery to trial sites.
- Order and Return Patients notes, update Patient notes tracker
- Assist with the archiving of trial related documents.
- Participate in audits of the NICRN's processes/systems.
- Provide additional administrative and secretarial support to the NI Clinical Research Network office, which may include; filing, email, photocopying, fax, reception duties, contacting patients, facilitating meetings, travel etc).
- Support the NI Clinical Research Network administrative colleagues across the Clinical Specialties and HSC sites as and when required and directed to by the senior manager.
- Contribute to the development of and adhere to the Clinical Research Network's standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Undergo training commensurate with achieving the skills necessary to carry out the duties of the post. Includes GCP training and knowledge of the clinical trial regulations.
- Travel to other BHSCT locations may occasionally be required to fulfil the duties of the post.
- Any other duties relevant to the post which may arise and as requested by the Director of the NI Clinical Research Network.
- 4 GCSE's at Grade A-C / to include English Language and 1 years relevant experience.
NVQ Level II Administration and 1 year's relevant experience.
2 years relevant experience.
*This experience must include the following areas:- - Using the Microsoft Office suite of packages. (inc Word, Excel, Outlook) - Electronic & manual diary management. - Data input. - Data extract
If you are interested and available for this position, please upload your CV to the link or contact Rhianna
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.