Band 4 Assistant Operational Manager (Warehouse Picking)
Staffline Recruitment has been appointed as HSCNI's recruitment partner of choice for Admin, clerical and Support Services.
Band 4 Assistant Operational Manager (Warehouse Picking) required on a temporary basis based in Belfast.
Role: Band 4 Assistant Operational Manager
Rate of Pay: £11.20
Location: BT3, Belfast
Hours: 37.5 hrs --Monday-Friday 9-5pm or 8-4pm
Duration: At least 3 months
The Post holder will assist the Service Manager, Supplies & Logistics with the daily management of the picking and packing of demand managed items in the warehouse. They will provide Patient Experience services in a customer-focused manner ensuring delivery of appropriate quality services, which will achieve value for money within the delegated budget allocations.
He / she will provide advice regarding Supplies & Logistic Services, Health & Safety, and administer the review of processes and procedures for Patient Experience in accordance with Trust Policies and Procedures
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Working in the warehouse operation, picking and out-sorting goods for delivery so that customer expectations are exceeded in terms of compliance and KPI's, ensuring that exceptional customer service is achieved and good relationships maintained.
2. To train, lead and coach picking operatives both new and existing in the warehouse duties as and when required
3. To liaise with the distribution team to ensure a smooth operation between Logistics and warehouse
4. Ensure that all finished goods receipted and picked are fit for purpose
5. Ensure that stock accuracy is maintained within the warehouse
6. Line managing the Picking team and ensure the effective and efficient deployment of staff at all times.
7. Implement plans to meet customer requirements and lead change as appropriate.
8. Monitor the levels of service required and ensure that service needs are met.
9. Maintain the overall quality of service within their area of responsibility.
10. Assist with the development and review of duty rosters and work schedules.
11. Assist the Service Manager in the development of annual programme of work under the remit of the post holder to ensure the achievement and maintenance of legislative and other relevant standards.
12. Assist in the management, monitoring and review a range of Patient Experience services as required within their area of responsibility.
13. Assist in developing systems and procedures to meet operational requirements including contingency plans for emergency situations.
14. Make recommendations regarding the use of resources and control their effectiveness and economical use.
15. Participate in the handling / investigation of patient / public complaints ensuring appropriate follow up action is taken.
16. Ensure risk assessments are carried out in accordance with Trust Health & Safety Policy.
17. Maintain an up to date knowledge of relevant legislation, new policies and good practice.
18. In the event of staff shortage the post holder will be expected to carry out a range of patient experience tasks.
1. A management qualification at NVQ Level 3 or equivalent plus at least one year's recent suitable junior management experience within the provision of Warehouse Picking.
Worked for at least three years in a junior management role where you have gained experience in the provision of Warehouse Picking.
2. Hold a current full driving licence which is valid for use in the UK and have access to a car on appointment.
3. Up to date forklift licence
Knowledge of Warehouse Management
Knowledge in relation to Warehouse KPI's
Good working knowledge of excel programme
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Kathryn or a member of the team will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.
**PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE 10/06/2021**