Staffline has been appointed as HSCNI's number 1 recruitment provider for Admin and Clerical roles throughout the province.
Band 4 Brokerage Team Leader required on a temporary basis based in Ballymena
Role: Band 4 Brokerage Team Leader
Rate of Pay: £11.53per hour
To provide effective and efficient processing of placements, financial assessment referrals and debt management, to include staff management and supervision.
KEY RESULT AREAS / MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
The Financial Support Services operates two administrative systems:
Abacus, to manage financial assessment information in respect of residential/nursing homes, and Brokerage, for managing residential/nursing home placement information.
- Oversee and maintain a suitable system of the timely processing of placements, regarding admissions and discharges, on the Brokerage system, ensuring accuracy and integrity of data, to include liaison with Named Workers and Residential/Nursing Homes as necessary.
- Oversee and maintain the Brokerage system in relation to bed vacancies and their tariff rates from all Residential/Nursing Homes within all localities
- Ensure that appropriate documentation is issued to Residential/Nursing Homes, clients, client representatives and other relevant parties.
- Input client and related data to the Abacus system as necessary.
- Maintaining familiarity with the "Charging for Residential Accommodation guide" and ensuring implementation of same such that the department's work is progressed effectively.
- To support the Credit Control/Brokerage Team leader in the operation of the department's debt management function.
- Maintaining an efficient and effective control function to ensure that payments to Residential/Nursing Homes, clients, third parties, etc are issued in line with the Trust's prompt payment guidelines
- Assist with the collation, analysis and provision of regular and ad hoc management information reports and statistical returns for distribution within the Trust and other agencies with explicit standards for timeliness and content.
- Maintain an effective flow of information through the Department, to ensure that contractual targets are achieved, particularly those outlined within the Regional Residential and Nursing Provider Specification Contract
- Pursue and conclude relevant enquiries regarding placements and referrals with other Directorates, Residential/Nursing Homes, etc as necessary.
- Maintain effective liaison with other Trust staff, clients and the general public in a timely, accurate and professional manner to ensure that problems preventing payments are quickly identified and resolved.
- Refer unresolved issues arising from the placement/financial assessment process to the line manager as appropriate, including suspected cases of financial abuse or service complaints.
- Contribute where necessary, to updating of systems and procedures required for the proper functioning of the department and providing training where necessary.
- Supervision of any staff reporting directly to the post holder.
- Undertake training as and when required
- Any other duties, which may be assigned, appropriate to the band including cover elsewhere in the department where necessary.
Demonstrate 3 years relevant* finance experience.
Certificate for Accounting Technicians (ATI) or equivalent (QCF Level 4) with 1 years relevant* finance experience.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Christine Thompson will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate.