Band 4 Business Support Officer
Rate of Pay: 12.25
Location: Great Victoria Street, Belfast
Hours: 37.5 Hours
Duration: Temporary ongoing
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
To provide administrative support to the Business Support Services function in an efficient, effective and high quality manner. The post holder will be responsible for co-ordinating a workload which will meet the demands of the Head of Business Support and where appropriate for ensuring necessary follow-up action and deadlines are met.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Organise and provide administrative and secretarial support to the Business Support function. This will include diary management, word processing, mail management, file maintenance and the preparation of papers, reports, briefings and presentations to a high standard etc.
- Taking appropriate action in relation to mail, telephone and other enquiries, ensuring effective messaging and "bring forward" systems are in place and that the necessary follow up action is undertaken.
- Organise events, conferences and meetings on behalf of the Business Support function
- To maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders both internal and external to the organisation, maintaining appropriate communication networks and presenting a professional image on behalf of the Patient and Client Council.
- Work alongside the PCC Personal Assistant and other administrator/s to ensure effective administration of meetings including Board and Senior Management meetings
- To administer the PCC's online stock ordering and procurement process.
- To maintain the petty cash system for the local office. This will include keeping ongoing records of money in and out, filing receipts, completing summary paperwork, and requesting 'top-up' as and when required
- To assist the Business Support Manager in the maintenance of financial arrangements, including assistance in collating data and reports and ensuring accounts are paid and invoices processed appropriately.
- To act as a first point of contact for goods and services suppliers and resolve queries relating to the PCC and the Business Services Organisation.
- Maintain e-records system for the office in line with Records Management policies.
- To coordinate Business Support Services meetings including the preparation and timely issue of agenda and papers, production of minutes and progression of business.
- Draft correspondence on behalf of the Head of Business Support and Business Support Manager in relation to the Business Support function as appropriate
- To act as a point of contact for PCC staff on the operation of business support services, including resolving issues and escalating unresolved issues
- To deal with routine enquiries from members of the public
- To assist the Business Support Manager with the administration of effective governance processes and procedures across the PCC to comply with legislation, Departmental requirements and HSC processes
- To assist the Business Support Manager to develop new templates, input and process information onto organisational systems and provide reports as required
- To coordinate and maintain the PCC Training activities and records including supporting the review of learning and development to provide improved electronic and self-management
- To assist in the induction and training of new staff to the PCC as required
- To undertake other administrative and clerical duties that may be required, such as taking minutes, photocopying/scanning and storage of documents
Applicants must, as at the closing date for receipt of application forms, either:
- GCSE Maths and GCSE English (A-C)
- equivalent qualification to demonstrate literacy and numeracy OR higher qualification.
- 18 months' administrative experience
- 3 years' administrative experience AND 2. Minimum of 1 years' experience in the use of Microsoft Office (including Microsoft Word, Excel PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook).
If you are interested and available for this position, please upload your CV to the link or contact Ben Martin. firstname.lastname@example.org
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.