Staffline Recruitment has been appointed as HSCNI's recruitment partner of choice for Admin, clerical and Support Services.
Band 4 Business Support Team Leader required on a temporary basis based in Millenium House, Belfast.
Role: Band 4 Business Support Team Leader
Rate of Pay: £11.20
Location: Millenium House, Great Victoria Street, Belfast
Duration: 6 months (with possible extension)
- To act as Business Support for the Social Care Council and to ensure the efficient and effective management of the workload of the Social Care Council, including provision of full secretarial and administrative support using Microsoft Office software.
- To provide meeting secretariat services for a range of meetings of the Social Care Council including Committees, Partnerships and the Social Care Managers Forum. This list is not prescriptive. The role includes, preparation & co-ordination of relevant papers and liaison with attendees to ensure appropriate attendance.
- To manage the Business Support Administrative team of one band 3 staff, including providing leadership, ensuring compliance with HR policies, carrying out appraisals and one to ones, and ensuring the team have the necessary skills and training to enable them to carry out their roles to a high quality.
- Prepare written reports and accompanying analyses on items as requested by the Social Care Council for presentation to the Executive Team (and Policy and Operations Manager and on occasion to the Senior Leadership Team.
- To research/provide data for the Policy and Operations Manager on a regular basis from both internal and external sources.
- To manage the content of the Social Care Council's shared x-drive for Business Support and to support the review of the x-drive, making recommendations for the improvement and streamlining of electronic data in accordance with the Records Management Policies. This includes ensuring the data is relevant, current and accurately presented.
- To manage support to internal and external audit demands for the Social Care Council, including requests for documentation and collation of management responses and actions taken.
- To co-ordinate and maintain the Social Care Council's Training activities and records including supporting the review of learning and development to provide improved electronic and self-management.
- To co-ordinate and support the engagement of Ambassadors including partnership working, supporting training needs and working closely with the Workforce Development Team in recruiting new Ambassadors and agreeing key messages.
- To manage the ordering of any necessary stock and non-stock items for Business Support, and for relevant regional projects, including responsibility for eProcurement ordering system.
- To organise functions, conference bookings and travel arrangements as required for the Social Care Council as relevant.
- To co-ordinate the completion of a quarterly performance report against the Business Support Delivery plan.
- Develop and manage a central file registry for Social Care Council's governance requirements in order to make most efficient use of resources and to ensure that comprehensive records are kept for corporate governance and audit purposes.
- To co-ordinate arrangements for the filling of vacant posts in the Business Support team.
- To participate in interviewing panels and grievance/disciplinary panels as necessary across the Social Care Council.
- To support the Social Care Council's Business Continuity Plan,
- To serve on appropriate working groups, project teams and committees set up by the Social Care Council as relevant.
- As part of the Business Support team play an active role in the management of a range of support services to Social Care Council providing cover as necessary for other members of the business support team.
- Minimum of 2 GCE 'A' Levels or a certificate in Business/Management or equivalent plus 1 years' relevant experience in an office based environment.
- At least 6 months' experience in using Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint.
- At least 6 months' experience of administration systems e.g. filing, diary maintenance and making travel arrangements.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Stuart or a member of the team will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Grafton Recruitment regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.