Band 4 Capital Officer
Temporary Capital Officer will be working towards a Capital Supervisor for a large public sector organisation through the Belfast Trust.
Rate of Pay: Band 4
Hours: 37.5 per week
Duration: Temporary ongoing
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
The Capital Officer will assist the Capital Supervisor in the management of the capital accounting and reporting function for the BSO and Clients to the highest professional standards. They will also carry out duties in compliance with Health and Safety Policy and statutory regulations.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assisting in operating, maintaining, and updating the Real Asset Management system (RAM) for asset additions, disposal, and updates on verification of assets for BSO and Client organisation.
- Tracking and monitoring of capital spend and preparation of information for upload to RAM.
- Assist in the capital accounting to include working with HSC finance systems and general ledger in producing a fixed asset capital Notes for BSO and Clients
- Creating and enhancing effective working relationships
- Supporting the capital team in the provision of capital financial information for monthly and year-end reporting.
- Create, maintain, and enhance effective working relationships.
- Assist in the monitoring of business cases and support colleagues in the provision of financial information re same.
- Liaise with external and internal auditors in respect of in year and year end audits.
- Participate in the selection and recruitment of staff in accordance with the procedures laid down and approved by the Agency.
- Experience in the use of a financial accounting system; and Microsoft office applications particularly Microsoft excel and word.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to meet the needs of the post in full.
- An ability to work on own initiative and with others in a team.
- An ability to prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workload.
- Excellent communication / interpersonal skills.
If you are interested and available for this position, please upload your CV to the link or contact Hannah Fitzsimons. Hannah.Fitzsimons@staffline.co.uk
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.