Staffline Recruitment has been appointed as HSCNI's recruitment partner of choice for Admin, clerical and Support Services.
BELSL / Band 4 Complaints Administrator
Rate of Pay: £11.20phr
Location: Musgrave Park Hospital
Hours: 37.5hrs per week
The post holder will provide a full range of administrative support to ensure the effective and efficient running of the Complaints Department. This includes liaising with complainants and frontline staff to receive manage and respond to compliments, comments, concerns and complaints in line with Trust policy and procedures.
The post holder will work closely with service groups and Complaints Managers to facilitate resolution of complaints, comments and concerns in a timely and efficient way in order to achieve the best possible outcome for complainants.
The post holder will be expected to prioritise their workload and time schedules to ensure the provision of efficient data input onto the Datix system, quality assurance of complaints information, prompt processing of correspondence, administration and other issues/information relating to the services provided by the Complaints Department.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all complaints received are dealt with in accordance with Trust policy and procedures.
- Be responsible for listening to, recording and analysing problems presented by patients, relatives, carers and staff both internal and external to the Trust. This includes dealing with sensitive and potentially contentious information to assess individual situations and identify appropriate follow-up action.
- Initiate complaint investigations where required, and subsequently follow up and co-ordinate responses from Service Areas on behalf of the relevant Complaints Managers and in accordance with local procedures.
- Liaise with complainants on an on-going basis throughout the complaints management process, including providing information and dealing with criticism / grievances identified by complainants during the investigation and resolution stages.
- Organise meetings with complainants where required including ensuring timely scheduling of the meetings and representation from required areas, preparing agendas, transcribing minutes, and ensuring accurate and prompt production of documentation as required by the Complaints Manager.
- Develop, maintain and monitor efficient and effective administrative and IT systems (including electronic and hard copy filing systems and 'BF' (diary) systems for the Complaints Department) to record and produce work of a consistently high standard as required.
- Process and record complaint information in an accurate and timely way and in accordance with local policy and procedure including strict compliance with standards of confidentiality regarding all information held in respect of service users and professional staff.
- Approve contacts; code and quality assure complaint information accurately and in adherence to local Datix procedures.
- Follow up on complaints/enquiries as appropriate and update records in line with Datix procedures
- Develop, maintain and update spreadsheets and databases using Microsoft office suite
- Retrieve data from the computerised management information system for relevant service managers, Complaints Managers, and Senior Complaints Manager, and provide relevant reports as and when directed by the Complaints Officer.
- Assist in the production / collation of statistics as required, including providing administrative support for requests for information within the Trust and from external organisations.
- Participate in quality assurance exercises and in the review, development and implementation of procedures within the Complaints Department to ensure efficient and consistent provision of services and promote the corporate values and culture of the organisation and appropriate personal behaviour.
- Take appropriate action in relation to mail, telephone and other enquiries ensuring effective messaging and 'bring forward' systems are in place and necessary follow up action is taken.
- Maintain adequate supplies of stock and stationery as required including use of electronic ordering / requisition systems.
- Provide and ensure cover for other administrative staff during periods of sick / annual leave, as required.
- Any other duties which may be assigned from time to time.
- Experience in the use of information management systems (e.g. Datix)
- Experience in minute-taking
- Previous secretarial experience compiling and producing clear and accurate documents, reports and letters.
- Be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office packages
- Experience of working in an admin / clerical role in a healthcare environment
- Knowledge of Complaints Management processes and principles.
5 GSCEs (Grades A-C) including English Language and Maths or equivalent or higher educational standard and 3 years' recent admin / clerical experience.
4 years' recent admin / clerical experience
RSA stage 3 typewriting/word processing or equivalent qualification or skill gained through experience
Skills & Abilities:
Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Proven ability to work as a member of a team and on own initiative
Effective planning and organisational skills and ability to prioritise workload.
Please apply with CV to link below: