Band 4 Consultant Secretary
Staffline has been appointed as HSCNI's number 1 recruitment provider for Admin and Clerical roles throughout the province.
Band 4 Consultant Secretary is required on a temporary basis based in Antrim
Role: Band 4 Consultant Secretary
Rate of Pay: £11.53 per hour
- To provide a secretarial and administrative service to Consultant Medical Staff or group of Medical Consultants and their teams as required ensuring efficiency inpatient care.
- Manage the Consultants/Team diary to ensure effective time management.
- To act as a point of contact for all forms of communication between the Consultant, patients, relatives, all hospital staff, General Practitioners and their staff and outside agencies.
- Effectively deal with telephone calls from patients, relatives, hospital staff and General Practitioners and other individuals or organizations, taking messages, ensuring follow-up and resolving any problems as appropriate
- To type and process clinic and discharge letters using audio dictation, and/or word processing methods as required, and ensure all follow up actions are completed in accordance with local policies and procedures
- To deal with incoming and outgoing correspondence as required, providing information, directing and prioritizing queries as appropriate, to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery
- To maintain records both manual and computerised in an accurate and timely way and in accordance with local policies and procedures. Extract, collate and summarise data to enable preparation of standard verbal, written or statistical reports or returns.
- To liaise with other departments as required both internally and externally to the Trust e.g. other Hospitals, General Practitioners.
- Manage Waiting lists in line with standards and protocols.
- To manage the tracking of patient records in accordance with local policies and procedures.
- Participate in meeting and take appropriate action in line with service provision.
- Record and process referrals on the appropriate IT system and undertake checks in line with service protocols and procedures.
- Maintain and record information in relation to Statutory procedures and notify appropriate Authority.
- To ensure that relevant Trust Risk Management and quality assurance policies and systems (including clinical governance and controls assurance) are adhered to.
- Lead a team of administrative and secretarial staff to provide a comprehensive service to Consultant medical staff and Clinical team.
- Supervise the day to day priorities of the medical secretarial team and delegate duties and responsibilities effectively and ensure distribution of workload is fair and equitable.
- Provide supervision of staff including monitoring and recording sickness levels, annual leave and maternity leave etc.
- RSA / OCR Stage II Text Processing Part I and Part II (Word Processing/Typewriting) or equivalent.
- Four GCSE's Grade C or above (to include English Language) or equivalent. and 2 years secretarial/administrative experience within a Mental Health setting. OR
- NVQ Level 2 in Administration and 2 years secretarial/administrative experience within a Mental Health setting OR
- 3 year's secretarial experience within a Mental Health setting and GCSE Grade C or above in English Language or equivalent. OR
- AMSPAR and 2 years secretarial/administrative experience within a Mental Health setting
- Audio typing qualification or audio typing experience.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Jamie Leetch will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate.