Band 4 Finance Officer
Staffline has been appointed as HSCNI's recruitment partner of choice for Admin, clerical and Support Services.
Band 4 Finance Officers (3 posts) required on a temporary basis based in the South Eastern HSC Trust.
Rate of Pay: £11.20 per hour
Location: Trustwide (South Eastern HSC Trust). The successful candidate must be able to travel between multiple locations in the South Eastern Trust (For example: Lisburn, Downpatrick, Bangor). Main work base is negotiable.
3 positions available-
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Duration: 3 months initially
The post holder will assist in the preparation of monthly budgetary statements for budget holders and the development of budgetary control systems to meet the requirements of Directorates and the Trust's financial management.
The post holder will assist in the provision of financial information and production of monthly budgetary control information in line with required timescales.
The post holder will assist in the provision and development of financial information to promote good financial management within Programmes/Directorates across the Trust.
Assist with co-ordinating, planning and managing the Financial Management processes and tasks to meet the monthly reporting requirements and timetables.
· To work with managers and finance colleagues within the Trust to ensure accurate budgetary control information is provided.
· To liaise with, and meet with, senior Trust staff in order to assist with their understanding of budgets or to assist with any related enquiries.
· To produce appropriate reports for managers to aid the corporate decision making approach.
· To deal with ad hoc reporting and enquiries as required by senior finance managers and other senior Trust staff.
· Assist in co-ordinating, planning and managing the annual budget build process.
· Assist with the processes and procedures used in the Financial Management function to meet, maintain and monitor ISO standards and facilitate best working practices.
· Assist with the day to day functions of the Financial Management office.
· To maintain appropriate record keeping within Financial Management to support processes and satisfy audit requirements.
· Assist in ensuring that any internal or external audit recommendations in respect of Financial Management are considered and, where agreed, implemented.
· Liaise with various staff, both internal and external, in respect of costing and contracting, adhering to deadlines and responding to queries.
· To develop and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and staff throughout the organisation to ensure
achievement of Trust objectives and the effective functioning of the finance directorate.
· To delegate appropriate responsibility and authority to the level of staff within their area of responsibility, consistent with effective decision making, whilst retaining responsibility and accountability for results.
· To assist in developing the use of financial systems, reporting and enquiry tools and working methods to advance the quality and efficiency of Financial Management information.
· Assist in the development and maintenance of systems to ensure there is ongoing effective budgetary control reporting.
· Support the line manager / senior managers in responding to the changes to the Financial Management regime.
· To contribute to the continuous improvement of the delivery of an efficient and effective customer-focused financial service to the Trust.
· The postholder will be expected to review the reporting requirements in relation to their area of work as necessary in order to meet new or changing needs.
· Ensure systems and procedures are in place within the section to deliver a quality service. Review and update these as necessary for continuous improvement.
· To participate in the Trust's Performance Review Scheme and proactively seek out development opportunities.
An HNC/D (finance related) or equivalent, plus 1 year's suitable relevant experience in a Finance Department.
NVQ level 3 plus 2 years suitable relevant experience in a Finance Department
OR 2 years recent suitable experience in a Finance Department at Band 3 or equivalent.
- A thorough working knowledge of financial systems and computer software applications, and an ability to utilise them to their full potential
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, with a proven track record of having worked with a range of stakeholders.
- Have good IT skills in relation to MS Office (in particular Excel) applications.
- Hold a current full driving licence which is valid for use in the UK and have access to a car on appointment.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and KATHRYN or a member of the team will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE: Monday 10th May 2021 **