Band 4 Finance Officer
Role: Band 4 Finance Officer
Rate of Pay: £10.20 per hour
Location: Derg Villa, Knockbracken Healthcare Park, Belfast
Duration: At least 3 months
The postholder will have the following responsibilities:
- Ensure financial information is processed in accordance with procedures, in order to provide information for statutory returns, through completion of own work & through the coordination of the work of others
- Assist with the preparation & completion of statutory/HPSS accounts & returns, ensuring that work is completed in line with financial timescales and legal requirements, interpreting these where necessary
- Investigate complex financial enquiries, providing assistance & advice as required
- Provide advice to patients, clients regarding e.g. charges, as required
- Responsible for the daily management of a finance team e.g. payroll, financial accounts, as required
- Ensure that work is completed in line with timetables and legal requirements, interpreting these where necessary.
The postholder will
- work within policies and procedures where work is managed rather than supervised
- have knowledge of a range of work procedures and practices, majority non routine, and an intermediate level of theoretical knowledge
- have a detailed understanding of accounting procedures (reconciliation and balances, VAT payments and deductions, finance computer systems and ledgers, coding structures, payroll agreements and procedures, budgetary control, costing and commissioning, capital, governance.)
- 1) Liaise with regional Shared Services Centres in management, control and review of transactional activities undertaken at these centres on behalf of the Trust.
- 2) Assist with management and operation of accounts payable and accounts receivable functions retained at Trust level.
- 3) Assist with management of the Trust's authorisation frameworks through system administration of financial systems.
- 4) Support end users in operation of the Trust financial systems to ensure compliance with internal and external procedures and targets.
- 5) Ensure adherence to prescribed procedures by all staff under their control. Liaise with Procurement and Logistics Service (PALS) and other relevant departments and external organisations to ensure that purchase of goods and services are properly controlled.
- 6) Receipting, processing and recording of cash and cheques received. Assist in the control of cash office function including the receipting, preparation and verification of lodgements. Maintenance of postal income register.
- 7) Maintenance of the charitable funds payments and receipts system.
- 8) Maintenance of the patients' private property payments and receipts system. Disposal of the property of discharged/deceased patients in accordance with appropriate procedures
- 9) Reconciliation of relevant bank and other control accounts and resolution of queries arising.
- 10) Assist with month-end procedures and with queries arising during the completion of monthly reports.
- 11) Provide as required, information to assist with the completion of the Trust's Statutory Annual Accounts and other relevant Returns.
- 12) Assessment of clients contributions - collate and verify all financial information and make application for the appropriate benefits for clients going into Residential / Nursing home care.
Candidates must have:
· at least an NVQ level 4 or equivalent qualification and two years Finance experience, one of which should be at Band 3 level or equivalent.
· Five GCSEs Grade A-C (or equivalent) to include Maths/Accounts and English and three years' experience in a finance environment, one of which should be at Band 3 level or equivalent.
experience of using computer systems in a working environment
· Experience of budgeting and forecasting
· Hold a current driving licence
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Kathryn or a member of the team will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Grafton Recruitment regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE 07/10/19.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.