Band 4 ICT Helpdesk Technician
Staffline has been appointed as HSCNI's number 1 recruitment provider for Admin and Clerical roles throughout the province.
Band 4 ICT Helpdesk Technician is required on a temporary basis based in Ballymena
Role: Band 4 ICT Helpdesk Technician
Rate of Pay: £11.20 per hour
Hours: Monday - Friday 9am to 5pm
- Participate in the operation of the ICT Service Desk, this will include providing first line assistance in completing incidents and work requests and logging incidents and service requests to Operations Support, Data Centre and Network & Security teams
- Ensuring that relevant protocols and procedures are adhered to any incidents and work requests assigned to other Service Groups and/or third parties are followed up and closed in a timely manner. The ICT Service Desk Technician will work to ensure that response time and resolution time objectives are met as defined in appropriate SLAs.
- Attend training sessions in the use of the service desk system and ensuring that all appropriate documentation is maintained and there is ongoing compliance with all HSC and Trust policies and procedures.
- Comply with all relevant legislation, policies and procedures for data security and confidentiality, in order to preserve the integrity of all trust information and prevent the unauthorised access to Trust information systems. The post holder will liaise with other sections and departments as necessary in the reporting and managing of security incidents.
- Participate in Working Groups and Project Teams as required by the ICT Officer
- Assist as required, in the installation of hardware and software.
- Keep abreast of new developments in ICT in order to ensure that possible benefits to the Trust are identified and considered.
- Liaise closely with all third-party hardware, software and service providers, ensuring compliance with all relevant service level agreements and/or /contracts.
- Follow all specified quality standards, processes and procedures (e.g. ISO20000, ISO27001, ITIL) in order that information reports generated from the service desk system are timely, relevant and accurate.
- Assist in maintaining departmental documentation on applications and ICT hardware
A computer related qualification - degree/HND level or above plus 1 years relevant experience in providing ICT Operational Support.
Two years' experience in providing ICT Operational Support.
All operational experience should be in a ICT support environment and should include at least one of the following:-
- Installation and support of desktop equipment and related peripherals, or
- Providing ICT support to users and/or
- First line support on ICT Service desk
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Leanne Garrett will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate.