Band 4 Information Governance Officer
|Salary||Up to £12.25 per hour|
|Published||16 days ago|
|Contact email||Rhianna Mooney|
Band 4 Information Governance (IG) Officer required for a large public sector organisation based through the Belfast Trust.
Location: Lough House, Ards Community Hospital site
Pay Per Hour: £12.25 p/h
Hours: 37.5 HPW
The post-holder, in conjunction with other Information Governance Assistants within the Department, will be required to ensure that the Trust meets its statutory requirements under legislation associated with the Freedom of Information Act (2000), Data Protection Act (2018), General Data Protection Regulation (2018), Environmental Information Regulations and Records Management.
He/she will also be responsible for the administrative process associated with the management of information governance incidents.
The post-holder will primarily be responsible for the day-to-day management and processing of requests for information, including the processing of Data Access Agreements (DAA) received by the Information Governance Department
MAIN DUTIES / RESPONISBILITIES
- Coordinate the processing of the Trust's Freedom of Information, Community/Primary Care subject access, PSNI Form 81, Solicitor and other external agency requests for information including statutory and regulatory bodies.
- Regular liaison with external agencies including statutory and regulatory bodies e.g. the Department of Health, Northern Ireland, Health & Social Care Board and the Information Commissioner both in Belfast and England
- Ensure accurate recording of Data Access Agreements and Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIA).
- To ensure that the services provided by the administration and clerical staff are responsive and of a consistently high quality and maintain standards of confidentiality and adhere to legislative and Trust timeframes.
- Ensure accurate recording of information both manually and electronically in line with Departmental procedures.
- Coordinate processes for allocated caseloads and prepare and quality assure the formal written responses in line with legislative and regulatory timeframes.
- Regularly communicate in a helpful, caring, respectful and professional manner both verbally and in writing with all levels of Trust staff, outside agencies and members of the public.
- Deal with all relevant correspondence (internal and external) in line with departmental policy / procedure and relevant legislation in an expeditious, appropriate and effective manner.
- Proactively ensure that sufficient documentation is completed, collated and retained to assist the Trust in processing of caseloads in line with Departmental policy and procedure.
- Prepare papers in response to communications / enquiries, for example the Information Commissioner's Office
- Handle telephone calls and face to face contacts in relation to caseload in a helpful, respectful and professional manner.
- To arrange and coordinate interviews / meetings / consultations involving Trust staff / non-Trust staff.
- Participate in and support meetings, record minutes of meetings and take responsibility for implementing agreed actions, as appropriate to work.
- Maintain and monitor the quality of data input to the relevant modules of the Risk Management & Governance database (Datix).
- In conjunction with Datix System Administrator, collect, collate and circulate, in line with departmental schedules or as required, high quality statistical and narrative reports from the Risk Management and Governance database (Datix) for internal and external bodies.
- Assist in populating the Risk Management & Governance Directorate Intranet site with relevant information resources.
- Supervise any administrative / clerical staff within the Directorate allocated to him / her to include induction, training, allocation of work, attendance and performance.
- To undertake special projects on behalf of senior management as required.
- To assist senior managers in the Directorate with operational duties as required.
- To deliver Awareness Training sessions to Trust staff.
- HNC/D (in relevant subject related to the post) or equivalent, and 1 year's administrative experience at Band 3 (or equivalent).
NVQ 3 (administration related) or equivalent, and 2 year's administrative experience, at Band 3 (or equivalent).
4 GCSE's (Grade A-C) or equivalent, one which must be English Language, and 3 years' experience at Administrative Band 3 (or equivalent).
- Experience of using computer systems and packages for: Ø Word processing Ø Managing emails Ø Data input Ø Extracting information to provide reports.
If you are interested and available for this position, please upload your CV to the link or contact Rhianna Mooney.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.