Staffline has been appointed as HSCNI's number 1 recruitment provider for Admin and Clerical roles throughout the province.
Band 4 Medical Secretary required on a temporary basis based in Antrim
Role: Band 4 Medical Secretary
Rate of Pay: £11.20 per hour
Hours: 18.75hrs - 2.5days
- Be responsible for dealing with incoming correspondence via post, telephone, email and fax, along with general enquiries from patients, GP's, other hospitals, etc and redirect/action as appropriate. Urgent referrals / red flag referrals should be brought to the immediate attention of the Consultant
- To transcribe audio material for all patient related correspondence generated from outpatient clinics, in patient stay (including theatre lists and discharge summaries) and the resulting queries.
- To transcribe audio material for all non-patient related correspondence from Consultant and team.
- Locating of case notes within and outside the department, as required thereby supporting continuity of patient care.
- Ensure the accurate filing of correspondence and results.
- Compose correspondence on behalf of Consultant and medical staff relating to patient results, appointments, admissions and general advice.
- Compose correspondence in own name e.g. when following up telephone queries with patients, miscellaneous queries etc.
- Keep a day - to - day and admissions diary for Consultant providing appropriate reminders of schedule, either via electronic (email) system or paper, and take appropriate action on conflicting appointments.
- Minute taking as and when required
- To organise follow-up appointments by use of a computerised system ensuring patients are notified of their appointments within agreed timescales and arrange transport as necessary
- Be responsible for the effective management of the consultant's inpatient waiting list / Day case list by ensuring patients are added to PAS waiting list within the agreed timescales as per IEAP.
AMSPAR Medical Secretaries Diploma
2 years' experience as a medical secretary/team secretary
(b) 4 GCSE's (Grade A*-C) to include English language (or equivalent)
2 years medical secretary/team secretary experience
(c) 3 years secretarial/administrative experience
In addition to (a), (b) or (c) applicants must possess OCR Text Processing (Business professionals) Level 2 Award or RSA Stage II Typing/Word Processing (both parts) or equivalent or One years experience in the use of ICT. This should include the use of word processing, spreadsheets and email
Audio typing qualification or 6 months audio typing experience
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Leanne Garrett will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate.