Band 4 Medical Secretary
Medical Secretary will be responsible for a large public sector organisation based through the Belfast Trust.
Salary: £11.53 p/h
Location: Royal Victoria Hospital
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
The post holder will be responsible to provide a comprehensive secretarial and administrative service to Consultant Medical Staff or group of Medical Consultants, their teams, and the Clinical team within an assigned Service Group
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To provide a secretarial and administrative service to Consultant Medical Staff or group of Medical Consultants and their teams as required ensuring efficiency in patient care.
- Manage the Consultants/Team diary to ensure effective time management.
- To act as a point of contact for all forms of communication between the Consultant, patients, relatives, all hospital staff, General Practitioners and their staff and outside agencies.
- Effectively deal with telephone calls from patients, relatives, hospital staff and General Practitioners and other individuals or organizations, taking messages, ensuring follow-up, and resolving any problems as appropriate
- To type and process clinic and discharge letters using audio dictation, and/or word processing methods as required, and ensure all follow up actions are completed in accordance with local policies and procedures.
- To deal with incoming and outgoing correspondence as required, providing information, directing, and prioritizing queries as appropriate, to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery.
- To maintain records both manual and computerised in an accurate and timely way and in accordance with local policies and procedures. Extract, collate and summarise data to enable preparation of standard verbal, written or statistical reports or returns.
- To liaise with other departments as required both internally and externally to the Trust e.g., other Hospitals, General Practitioners.
- Be part of a team of administrative and secretarial staff to provide a comprehensive service to consultant medical staff and Clinical team.
- To assist in the induction and training of new staff to the department as required.
- Provide line management support and supervision of staff thus maintaining a high standard of service to consultants and the wider team.
- At all times provide a caring service and to treat those with whom they come into contact in a courteous and respectful manner.
- Demonstrate their commitment by their regular attendance and the efficient completion of all tasks allocated to them.
- Comply with the Trust's Smoke Free Policy.
- Carry out their duties and responsibilities in compliance with the Health and Safety Policies and Statutory Regulations.
- Adhere to Equality and Good Relations duties throughout the course of their employment.
- RSA / OCR Stage II Text Processing Part I and Part II (Word processing/Typewriting) or equivalent.
- Four GCSE's Grade C or above (to include English Language) or equivalent and 2 years secretarial / administrative experience*.
- NVQ Level 2 in Administration and 2 years secretarial/administrative experience*
- AMPSPAR and *2 years secretarial experience
- 12 months typing experience, to include the typing of reports, formatting & circulation of correspondence, use of Microsoft packages (WORD, EXCEL etc) & general word processing and 2 years secretarial/administrative experience*
- Audio typing qualification or 2 years' experience of audio typing in the last 5 years in a Healthcare setting
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
If you are interested and available for this position, please upload your CV to the link or contact Hollie McArthur. Hollie.email@example.com
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless of if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.