BAND 4 MEDICAL SECRETARY P/T
Staffline are currently recruiting for and experience Medical Secretary to work part time within our busy Public Sector client in Belfast. This an immediate start temporary role, 20hrs per week until Feb 2021.
- Provide administrative and secretarial support to the Medical Director, the Consultant in Transfusion Medicine and the medical team. Answer phone calls and enquiries and communicate with the Medical Team and relevant managers.
- Organise diary for the Medical Director and the Consultant in Transfusion Medicine and schedule and plan all meetings and appointments.
- Develop and maintain an office filing system which include cataloguing and retrieval.
- Participate in archiving and records management projects.
- Service a number of internal departmental meetings. This duty will include preparation of papers, collating of information for a number of sources, preparing reports on key performance indicators and assuming responsibility for the minutes.
- The post holder will be required to source and collate information from a variety of sources, present structured reports and prepare data for presentation in a number of formats.
- Preparation of Microsoft PowerPoint presentations.
- Service a number of external meetings which include the Northern Ireland Transfusion Committee and the Transfusion Medicine Speciality Forum.
- There may be exceptional circumstances where the post holder may be required to perform other duties commensurate with grade as appropriate.
Experience of creating and maintaining manual and computerised filing systems.
Experience of organising meetings and practical experience of minute taking.
Audio and copy typing experience.
1a) 5 GCSEs (Grades A-C), including English and Mathematics
18 months' relevant experience.*
1b) 3 years' relevant experience.*
* Relevant experience is defined as working in a secretarial role to include typing, diary management, and communication with all levels in the organisation.
In addition to one of the above:
2a) RSA/OCR Stage II Text Processing Parts I and II or equivalent qualifications
2b) 2 years' experience in high level word processing (use of word processing, spreadsheets maintenance and email etc
Skills and Abilities
Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Ability to perform under pressure and work to tight deadlines.
Good organisational and time management skills.
Ability to work flexibly as part of a team and to use own initiative.
Understand and maintain confidentiality.
Willing to attend training courses appropriate to role.
Please apply with a current CV to the link below: